Supermarket Juice Wine How To guide and Recipes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ha... thought i put 5 in last time i did one.

Like the early taste of all of them apart from the apple/mango/rgj though that may be cos im not keen on mango :D

Quick question, i know its a crushed campden tab in the gallon dj's but how many for the 25l bin? 1 or 5?

1 in a 4.5 litre (1 gallon) DJ is equal to 5 in a 22.5 litre (5 gallon) wine. :thumb:

Has anyone ever tried using smoothie with apple/grape juice or water added?
f32a6db7f18d3b4bf2c78d6b739d6bf2.png
b2a7edbf73442187485078d7185b2cf1.png

These kinda ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Better Brew campden tablets I have say 1 for bottling protection and 2 for full stabilisation per 5 L.

30905-campden-tablets.jpg

Only being using 1 per 4.5L , might switch to 2 ?

Racked off the 10 gallons :D

Initial siphoning tastes rate them as
1st 25l rgp/apple/apple mix/melon.
2nd rgj/tropical gallon
3rd rgj/apple gallon
4th rgp/apple & mango gallon.

Noticed that the 25l with the melon in is a lot smoother taste than the DJ's.

Would that be down to bulk brewing or cos of the melon?

Got this one in the DJ now;

750ml of Pom juice (100%)
2no 1L Apple,Grape and Raspberry (40:40:20 - Total 100% Concentrate)
600g Sugar
Plus the usual extras - black tea, glycerin, etc.

Smells amazing, so I've got high hopes!

Too many pages to read the full thread, but can i take it most people are adding finings after the first racking and leaving a further week before botting?

I take it that de-gassing is also required immediately after racking?

Thanks and Cheers!!

I stabilise in the FV, then rack 1-2 days after. Then immediately degas and add the finings. Usually clear and ready to bottle in 2 days.

Too many pages to read the full thread, but can i take it most people are adding finings after the first racking and leaving a further week before botting?

I take it that de-gassing is also required immediately after racking?

I rack onto a crushed campden tablet in a sterilised DJ, add stabiliser, degas, add part one of the two part fining and give it another stir with my degassing wand, wait 30 minutes then add part B of the finings, top up with half a litre of apple juice (then water if its not to the neck) and give it another mix with the degassing wand, air lock back on and bottle 24 or 48 hours later when it is crystal clear.

I've just fermented a gallon of WGJ with Peach, Mango and Papaya juice. It's gone really well with a 2 week fermentation. I added the stabaliser yesterday and gave it a good stir. However there are large clumps of yeast? fruit? floating on top. Before I degass, top up and add Kwikclear I am wondering if I should try racking off to another jar. The load on top look a lot for the Kwikclear to handle.
i-8D63S8h-XL.jpg

I have just gone through all this with a Tropical WOW (see thread). I racked off and through the clods of muck. More then formed at the surface of the new DJ but these eventually sank and I racked etc as normal, stopped and cleared. Bottled it today as it happens.

I think the key with this one is not to rush it.

When i have used juice that does this (i think it juice with puree in it) i rack to the second DJ and do the stabilising and degassing as i do with all the others, you will have slightly more sediment in the second DJ than normal when the finings have done their thing but if your syphon tube has the sediment trap on the end you shouldn't have any problems when it comes to bottling.

Hi Chippy

Was inspired by your orange wine recipe, so developed my own.:

1.5l orange juice
1l red grape juice
1 can of prunes
1.6kg sugar
turboyeast

its doing nicely. Have fermented prunes on the pulp. Will strain after turboyeast does its work. On a heat mat as we live in the far north! Will top up with syrup. Doing a 1 gallon demijohn batch., Smells very good. Bubbler going flat out!

Anyone got a good recipe for a semi sweet rose. My other half likes a purley bay or barefoot wine. I tried a watermelon, raspberry and red grape juice. But wasn't that impressed with the flavour.

Think i may have added too much sugar. Think it was about 17%.

Back