Newbie wanting to build Kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To clean the lines, I use one of these garden pressure spray bottles filled with starsan or similar.
It has an attachment that allows me to connect the beer line to it. Give it a few pumps to pressurize then open bar tap into a jug and the line is purged.
Repeat with clean water and job done - take 5 mins max.
I do this if its been stood any more than a week and certainly when changing the keg.

Hope this helps

DSCF6548.jpg

DSCF6550.jpg

exposed foam is a concern where condensation also pools and water can stand, more a problem with freezer mods afaik as thier interiors are not designed to encounter any liquid moisture due the low expected temps.

And iirc the worst horror stories are from uncovering a long standing issue thats been hidden or ignored.. So keep an eye out for any trapped moisture and only worry if you find any ;)

as long as the exposd foam remains dry it should also remain lifeless, an odd wipe or spray with sanitiser or bleach solution to kill anything that does land may be prudent?

Almost finished, just got to build the bar so I can fasten the tower to it and finish off a bit more taping off the insulation.. more just to look nice now rather than anything.

Got my temp controller the other day and fitted it this weekend..

Not sure what temperature I need to set it to.. I like really cold beer, but know some home brews are best served not quite as cold.. so set it to 7 for now..

Before the safety police lock me up.. I'm putting the temp controller in a box and the tower is going on a bar above .. I know liquid and electricity don't go well together :) this is just for testing.. there unfortunately isn't any beer yet in my cornies :(

20170506_173928.jpg

20170506_175649.jpg

no not yet mate.. I am waiting for my brother to build the bar for me as I'm pretty **** at wood work and want it to look good :D ..

will defo post pics when it's done .. just put my 1st brew into the kegerator though, so can't wait till that's carbonated :D

Back