17% off everything ! at the homebrewcompany

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP states -

Terms: No other discount codes can be used in conjunction with this offer. Get shopping!

If you got the 5% discount as well that is a bonus, i bet it doesn't last long. :wink:

The OP states -

Terms: No other discount codes can be used in conjunction with this offer. Get shopping!

If you got the 5% discount as well that is a bonus, i bet it doesn't last long. :wink:

Well happy I got it,

Let's hope St pats day is letter next year. :grin:

The discount is frustrating because theyve been sold out of all the base malts I want to buy for quite some time now.

Thanks for the heads up :thumb: I ordered a load of hops earlier in the week with 40% off and today I got some bits and pieces for a new boiler I'm making.

So did I (order a load of hops from the HBC earlier in the week). Then I looked at the delivery charge and it still said "free for orders over £70". Sooo - One of that, one of this, two of them, ...Green Bullet! Two of them as well etc etc.

So, other than the GH book, does anyone have a recipe that includes smoked malt?:lol:

Just stocked up on a whole load of grain and hops, and finally bought a stainless steel mash paddle.

So did I (order a load of hops from the HBC earlier in the week). Then I looked at the delivery charge and it still said "free for orders over £70". Sooo - One of that, one of this, two of them, ...Green Bullet! Two of them as well etc etc.

So, other than the GH book, does anyone have a recipe that includes smoked malt?:lol:

Loads of recipes about with smoked malt. Smoked stout!

Loads of recipes about with smoked malt. Smoked stout!

There are indeed, many with a very scary looking proportion of smoked malt for a first time "user".

I feel I will go with a slight variant of the Smoked Porter from the GH book - a great reference to have to hand.

Grain Bill:

Pale 4.5kg
Smoked 500g
Roast Barley 300g
Crystal 300g
Amber / Brown 300g
Cane Sugar 500g

Brew length 25-26L

Hops:

Why did I buy 17 x 100g the day before yesterday. I already had about ten - twelve.
The hops will be what is opened and in the freezer, to 28 IBU. No thinking here.

There are indeed, many with a very scary looking proportion of smoked malt for a first time "user".

I feel I will go with a slight variant of the Smoked Porter from the GH book - a great reference to have to hand.

Grain Bill:

Pale 4.5kg
Smoked 500g
Roast Barley 300g
Crystal 300g
Amber / Brown 300g
Cane Sugar 500g

Brew length 25-26L

Hops:

Why did I buy 17 x 100g the day before yesterday. I already had about ten - twelve.
The hops will be what is opened and in the freezer, to 28 IBU. No thinking here.

I made a stronger (6%) version on the the smoked porter reciepe from the GH book. I'm really enjoying it

I made a stronger (6%) version on the the smoked porter reciepe from the GH book. I'm really enjoying it

If memory serves, that was quite a while ago? I may be confusing it with another smoked porter, of course,

This would definitely be one for the small 500ml bottles, as opposed to the 2L bottles for "running beers" or "Rugby watching" beers.

I very much doubt that exact quantities make a huge difference in this style, TBH.

If memory serves, that was quite a while ago? I may be confusing it with another smoked porter, of course,

This would definitely be one for the small 500ml bottles, as opposed to the 2L bottles for "running beers" or "Rugby watching" beers.

I very much doubt that exact quantities make a huge difference in this style, TBH.

yeah, I made it quite a while ago (14/1/17). It's needed the conditioning to come good. I put almost all of it in 330ml bottles

Latest posts

Back