Should Political Parties Be Held Responsible If They Do Not Fulfill Their Manifesto

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They ARE held responsible by being held up to scrutiny for the public to vote you in or out.

However this system falls down where you continually repeat the same mantra and convince the people that failing to meet immigration targets and getting the debt under control are not really your fault as they are beyond your control.
You can then add salt to the wound by repeating the same promises yet again in your next manifesto and asking people to Trust you this time will be different and despite tripling the debt we are economically sound (honest George?)

All this whilst continually blaming a party last in power 7 years ago for causing a Global economic crash that was actually beyond their control and apparently everything that happened since is their fault anyway!

So in reality there is a punishment but people voting them back in again choose not to impose it!

Don't be stupid.

Read 1984 by Orson Welles.

Nothing changes. The Government exists to keep the rich and powerful getting richer and more powerful. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

Get a Mohawk, organise a revolution and string the bastards up.

Don't be stupid.

Read 1984 by Orson Welles.

Nothing changes. The Government exists to keep the rich and powerful getting richer and more powerful. The rest is smoke and mirrors.

Get a Mohawk, organise a revolution and string the bastards up.

Orson Welles was the large fat American gent who created Citizen Kane.

George Orwell who wrote 1984 was small skinny and British. He also wrote the Road to Wigan Pier, an account of poverty in the 1930s and 40s in England, no need guessing what his politics were!

Yes ... but on the other hand a lot of times things promised in a campaign just aren't doable.
Trump is finding out the hard way that he can't just bully people to get his way like he did when he was just a CEO.

Why does Mrs May keep saying "We don't have a magic money tree we can shake" as an explanation for most things pay related does she think we are all 8 years old?

Why does Mrs May keep saying "We don't have a magic money tree we can shake" as an explanation for most things pay related does she think we are all 8 years old?
Think that quote is in the direction of Dianne Abbot because of her inability to count and what she will invent if ever she gets a sniff of power along with Corbny's underpants

Of course they shouldn't. We don't live in a bubble, we live in a world which is constantly changing. It's better to have someone who can adapt and change to achieve the best for the country than someone who ignores their surroundings and ploughs on with their manifesto promises regardless.

OK perhaps I'm the one living in a bubble...

Broad principles should be clear > policy details pretty much signposted.

U-turns on principle seems pretty iffy. Deviations in policy reasonable (if not contravening the rule on principle).

Yes ... but on the other hand a lot of times things promised in a campaign just aren't doable.
Trump is finding out the hard way that he can't just bully people to get his way like he did when he was just a CEO.

But he did what he said he'd do re: all this climate change crapola. I love listening to tree-huggers crying in the morning, or any other time of day for that matter.

Of course they shouldn't. We don't live in a bubble, we live in a world which is constantly changing. It's better to have someone who can adapt and change to achieve the best for the country than someone who ignores their surroundings and ploughs on with their manifesto promises regardless.

OK perhaps I'm the one living in a bubble...

Or ignores every one they have made false promises to and lies flows from each and every one of them,then ploughs on with there private agenda and does not give a S**t about honoring what they have promised, TORY bastards comes to mind.

But he did what he said he'd do re: all this climate change crapola. I love listening to tree-huggers crying in the morning, or any other time of day for that matter.

I think climate change is real but a red herring. Over population of the planet is what will do us all in eventually. But it'd be political suicide to try to advocate somehow lowering the worlds population. So you never hear about it

They ARE held responsible by being held up to scrutiny for the public to vote you in or out.

However this system falls down where you continually repeat the same mantra and convince the people that failing to meet immigration targets and getting the debt under control are not really your fault as they are beyond your control.
You can then add salt to the wound by repeating the same promises yet again in your next manifesto and asking people to Trust you this time will be different and despite tripling the debt we are economically sound (honest George?)

All this whilst continually blaming a party last in power 7 years ago for causing a Global economic crash that was actually beyond their control and apparently everything that happened since is their fault anyway!

So in reality there is a punishment but people voting them back in again choose not to impose it!

Much like the left are still blaming Thatcher for everything.

I don't blame Labour for the global economic crash but I blame them for spending like idiots during the good times so we were less able to weather the storm during the lean times.
I blame Gordon Brown announcing he was going to sell a big chunk of our gold reserves so the market dropped and he sold at a stupid low price costing us billions.
I blame Tony Blair for giving up a large chunk of our EU rebate so as to buy himself the job of EU president (until he became even too toxic for them)
I blame Tony Blair for taking us into Iraqi war on a lie and costing the lives of hundreds of our troops and destabilising the Middle East. Leading to the birth of ISIS.
I blame Labour for opening the floodgates to anybody who wanted to bull**** their way into the country to "rub the rights nose in diversity".
I blame Labour for the rise in political correctness which led to the authorities turning a blind eye to sex slavery of thousands of white English girls, because people did not want to be viewed as racist.

Much like the left are still blaming Thatcher for everything.

I am too young to remember Thatcher in a political respect.

However its strange how divisive she is, my wife's side of the family hate her absolute cannot stand her worse than Satan ect..

Yet I speak to work colleagues they have a total opposite view saying she took this country out of debt and the best years they have had have been with tory governments ect ect.

I have no foot in either camp I just find it almost fascinating to see such polar views.. I also think its strange how some people are bought up and told which way to vote and they are almost tribal in the way it is..

I personally feel the last 12 months have just shown how intolerant we all are of other peoples opinions and remainers and left are equally as guilty as brexiter and right wingers...

I think climate change is real but a red herring. Over population of the planet is what will do us all in eventually. But it'd be political suicide to try to advocate somehow lowering the worlds population. So you never hear about it

All the problems of the world come down to that simple arithmetical fact. Too many humans, and no acceptable answers.

So, in the short interlude before my species extinction, I am planning a sort of SHA with Green Bullet as the main hop.

Grain Bill:

5kg Pale Malt
500g Biscuit (no crystal - not sure how)

Hops:

Green Bullet - 20g or so @ 60m
Endeavour - 38g @ 15m
Green Bullet - 30-50g split between 5, 0 and Dry Hop additions.

I can't save the world from its foolishness. And the best I can come up with is - another beer.

Latest posts

Back