Lowering the Tone of Our Forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the issue is simply to prevent non-members from seeing the arguing about politics and religion it's easy enough to just make "the snug" visible to members only. Those of us who don't like to see it can just do what I do which is never go there.

It's not an answer though, I don't particularly like having to self censor, only long term solution is to put a stop to it.

I've done the same over recent days and not gone there. So that's choice.

I think the problem goes back to my initial point of good social skills.

I know when to keep my gob shut and what can potentially cause upset or grief. Maybe it's the job I work in when I have to sit tests every 3 months on diversity etc !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tact and diplomacy have never been strong points!

get-outta-here-memes-com-17764221.png

I'd say politics and religion are always going to get the hackles rising...and I have views on both...given the circumstances I think a lot of reserve was shown. They are however rubbish subjects with no answer and no winners....
Now...that bit on boobies sounds interesting. ...maybe a thread could be started...but PLEASE ...include other varieties of birds incase if causes an argument!

Cheers

Clint

Gunge for pm!...oops!

Hell we can't even have these conversations at our dinner table, never mind with hundreds of other forum members. I am all for informed debate, I am all for freedom of opinion, but it has to stay as opinion, and just like a certain part of our anatomy, everyone has one.

M..****? I was on about that aquatic,blue footed ,sea bird much revered on David Attenborough documentaries and the like.

Me too. :thumb:
However, had all ALL things that have been posted recently been reasonably civilised, inoffensive to most folks, not xenophopic, not abusive, to note a few criticisms, but just part of a cut and thrust debate allowing us all the 'the mental exercise of an argument' there would have been no need for this thread.
But sadly there were some that did, hence the reason for my post.

You appear to taken the job of self appointed judge, jury and moderator.
What may be offensive to you is not necessarily offensive to others.
Also nobody was abusing any other individual, so how did you come to that critism?

I'd say politics and religion are always going to get the hackles rising...and I have views on both...given the circumstances I think a lot of reserve was shown. They are however rubbish subjects with no answer and no winners....
Now...that bit on boobies sounds interesting. ...maybe a thread could be started...but PLEASE ...include other varieties of birds incase if causes an argument!

Cheers

Clint

Gunge for pm!...oops!

Here are some :

10. Tufted Titmouse
9. Red-Footed Booby
8. Imperial Shag
7. Red Billed Oxpecker
6. Dickcissel
5. Great Tit
4. Barn Swallow
3. Southern Screamer
2. Game Cock
1. Big Bird

But I will tone things down because I do not want to make things uncomfortable for the real moderators.

Here are some :

10. Tufted Titmouse

9. Red-Footed Booby

8. Imperial Shag

7. Red Billed Oxpecker

6. Dickcissel

5. Great Tit

4. Barn Swallow

3. Southern Screamer

2. Game Cock

1. Big Bird

Now that made me chuckle out loud - Mrs Ak is giving me
Odd looks [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M..****? I was on about that aquatic,blue footed ,sea bird much revered on David Attenborough documentaries and the like.

And I was talking about the small garden bird recognisable by it's blue and yellow plumage. Whatever did you think I was talking about?

You appear to taken the job of self appointed judge, jury and moderator.
What may be offensive to you is not necessarily offensive to others.
Also nobody was abusing any other individual, so how did you come to that critism?

Yeah they were, that was why Tanzanite got banned. Also some chap threatened to come and slap me, the silly sod!

Latest posts

Back