Lowering the Tone of Our Forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I think religion and politics should either be banned or if not it should have a disclaimer and relaxed moderation as theres no point in a debate that gets closed early.

I worship the Lord my God but would much rather chat about beer, I'm sure I could find a website pretty quickly full of religious nutters to argue with but life is too short (even though I will be brewing eternally 😂😂😂😂) no more infections,no more stalled ferments ahhhhhh bliss 😉

Personally I think religion and politics should either be banned or if not it should have a disclaimer and relaxed moderation

I have already said no topic will ever be banned here as long as it is within the forum rules, as for relaxed moderation the moderation here couldn't be more relaxed. :wink:

as theres no point in a debate that gets closed early

There is a difference between debating with members and insulting them we welcome the former and will always remove the latter, if it gets out of hand and the thread is going nowhere that will also be closed.

I've just been in the forum for a few days and this is in fact my first ever forum membership. Everyone seems friendly and helpful, I can't find the offensive post (s) in question and i myself am not easily offended.
However I was quite surprised when I seen posts regarding politics. I'm always up for a debate but it's inevitable that some people will take things too far, and like most others have mentioned, there's no winning any arguments when it comes to politics or religion.

there's no winning any arguments when it comes to politics or religion.

A debate is a formal discussion on a particular matter its not supposed to be an argument that ends in personal insults.

A debate is a formal discussion on a particular matter its not supposed to be an argument that ends in personal insults.

Let's not forget, there were lucid, informed and creditable arguments from various contributors. It wasn't all bad.

Not talking about my penn'orth, like.

I worship the Lord my God but would much rather chat about beer, I'm sure I could find a website pretty quickly full of religious nutters to argue with but life is too short (even though I will be brewing eternally 😂😂😂😂) no more infections,no more stalled ferments ahhhhhh bliss 😉
Oi moosh
who you calling a nutter:nono:

:lol::lol::lol:

Nice one Brian...yep ya right ....I like to take the proverbial and trying to get a bite...but all in the name of a good laugh...anyway,Brian...any Internet bargains lately? Off topic but much more interesting....that monkey...
Yes it is great forum and a great welcome for the novice. Not you just hate it when you're trying to learn and you get a load of smartarses and snotty gits turning their noses up at your "obvious"questions and stupid mistakes. Show me someone who says they've never dropped a bollock and I'll show you a liar!

Back