Mars recalls chocolates over salmonella fear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
_91952625_breaking_image_large-3-1.png

Mars recalls some Galaxy, Maltesers Teasers and Minstrels bags due to "potential presence of Salmonella", it says.

The products include Galaxy Milk 200gm chocolate bars, Minstrel 118gm pouch and Malteaser 35gm bars with best-before dates of 6 May 2018 and 13 May 2018 are affected.

A Mars spokesperson said if consumers have any of the products they should not eat them.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly.

More here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40226415

It says Malteaser 35gm bars i don't think Maltesers are effected, if i don't hear from you again i will assume i was wrong. :lol:

Update - ..........................

Chocolate maker Mars is recalling some bars of Galaxy, Maltesers Teasers and bags of Minstrels due to the "potential presence of salmonella".

A spokesperson for Mars said none of the products should be eaten.

The recall began after tests showed salmonella may be in ingredients.

"We are working closely with the relevant food safety authorities and our customers to ensure that the affected products are no longer available for purchase," Mars said.

Products including Galaxy Milk 200gm bars, Minstrel 118gm pouches and Maltesers Teasers 35gm bars with best-before dates of 6 May 2018 and 13 May 2018 are affected.

Other products included in the recall include Galaxy Milk 4x42gm multipacks and Galaxy Counters 78gm and 112gm pouches with the 6 May 2018 and 13 May 2018 best-before dates.

The company has asked food retailers across the UK and Ireland to pull the affected products from shelves immediately.

People who have purchased the affected confectionary should contact the Mars customer call centre for "returns and reimbursement", it said.

Mars said no other brands or varieties of chocolate, pack formats, bar sizes or best before dates had been affected.

Latest posts

Back