CO2 Teesside

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagum

Reaction score
Hi, I am finally looking into setting up a kegerator at home but before I do does anyone know where I can get the gas from round here (live in Redcar). I don't want to go to the expense of building one and then have trouble getting the gas.

Cheers Adam

I'd give a local brewery a call, maybe Three Brothers Brew Co in Stockton, they may supply or recommend a contact. If you are on good terms with a local landlord they might help.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Sorry but I have a couple more questions. What size cylinders are people using and how long do you get out of them?

Hobbyweld supply a range of gases including food grade Co2. A 6kg cylinder will last you over a year, do be sure what supplier you are going to use, if its coming from a mixed gas pub cylinder it will have a different regulator connection than a bog standard Co2 tank though you can get an adaptor which iirc is argon to Co2.

You could also try Air liquide, some suppliers charge a bottle deposit some don't, it is well worth researching for as many suppliers as possible and there costs like either getting free delivery or is a saving significant enough to justify a 100 mile round trip to collect as well as refill costs or bottle deposits.

These people claim to have a UK wide supply network.
6.15kg refill is about �£22.00 + one-off deposit about �£50
Can't say how long they last, I'm still using the first one that I got last year.

http://www.adamsgas.co.uk

I asked the landlord at my local pub who was pleased to help. He contacted his supplier who told him the price and delivered it the following week. I paid the landlord who just passed it over to the chap when it arrived. It was a 7lb bottle and there was a refundable deposit of £25 and £12 for the actual gas. He gave me the delivery note which confirmed the price etc. I thinnk I could probably contact the gas company direct myself next time I need it filling.

I found this everywhere I asked. They would only refill their own supplied bottle. I already had a 7lb bottle that I kept from a good few years ago. However the chap I mention in my previous post would only supply and refill their own. I ended up taking the old bottle to the local recycling centre. Before trying my local I tried BOC in a nearby town and was virtually laughed out of the place saying they only deal with serious businesses. They suggested a local car parts place that sold CO2 welding gas. I did ask there but a ��£200 initial charge for the bottle and silly refill prices as a bit off-putting.

Latest posts

Back