Conical Flasks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shepp

Regular.
Reaction score
I made a cheap stir plate recently so I can have a go at culturing yeast.
I plan to buy myself a 2 litre conical flask, so checked out the website below which has some good prices and thought to myself whether it is worth getting anything else when I order.

What sizes of flask are useful for culturing yeast.

https://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/bar/labware

I made a cheap stir plate recently so I can have a go at culturing yeast.
I plan to buy myself a 2 litre conical flask, so checked out the website below which has some good prices and thought to myself whether it is worth getting anything else when I order.

What sizes of flask are useful for culturing yeast.

https://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/bar/labware
what's delivery cost on those as they look a steal at them prices?

£4 for at least two or three items.
That's why I was thinking about getting more than one item, could save me cash later on.
I may go for a 250ml or 500ml for dehydrating dry yeast.
Two 11g packs of yeast need 220ml of water, maybe 500 would be better?

If you are going to step up to commercial lager levels you might need a 3l flask. So maybe a 1 and a 3, or a 2 for regular brews (and separate a sample for later propagation.)

If you are planning to actually isolate and propagate your own yeast you'll want 1,2 and 3l flasks, loops or probes, autoclavable vials, and a **** load of science grade agar agar or gelatine.

If you are going to step up to commercial lager levels you might need a 3l flask. So maybe a 1 and a 3, or a 2 for regular brews (and separate a sample for later propagation.)

If you are planning to actually isolate and propagate your own yeast you'll want 1,2 and 3l flasks, loops or probes, autoclavable vials, and a **** load of science grade agar agar or gelatine.
Couple of large kilner jars shall do me.[emoji12]

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back