Aleman's Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunfie

Regular.
Reaction score
Sorry, not a character assasination but a chance to taste a couple of Aleman's beers. Apologies to Aleman for not trying these sooner but I wanted to find the time to sit down in some peace and quiet and review them properly and as it turned out I had to wait for a whole new year.

Anyway, this is a challenge. :party:

BeerBrothers.jpg

Effin Brewery - Ordinary Bitter - 3.1% abv

On opening there was the slightest hiss and the usual smoking gun. It poured rather well with a nice carbonation that was refreshing rather than overpowering (I got a little prickle on the tongue - not something I would normally admit in such company). There was a slightest of hazes although perfectly servable and was probably caused by me being a touch heavy handed (well it is the first of the day). Fresh green hops on the nose and although not the fullest mouthfeel (well it is 3.1 abv) it is very refreshing and beautifully clean with the good balance. I have to say I am very impressed - I haven't attempted a beer of this gravity before but I have heard that they are difficult to get right as there is no where to hide. I can imagine you can sink a few of these in a sitting and not feel too bad in the morning.

Ordinary1.jpg
Ordinary2.jpg

Now to the big Brother

Effin Brewery - Premium Bitter - 4.2%

As you can see, Aleman calls a spade a spade when it comes to beer names. :thumb:

This poured with similar amount of carbonation as its sibling. Darker in colour and as such in exhibits a lot more malt character on the nose. As you an see I managed to pour this one better now that the first pint steadied my hand up a bit. Pleasant mouthfeel, not as big as I would have expected but has a surprisingly long sweet length. I have to admit that it is a bit lighter that I would have expected but then again being Scottish I am used to a more malty type beer. I spent a bit of time knocking the CO2 out of the beer and it was quite smooth, I think that the cask version of this would be a different beast altogether.

Premium.jpg

Latest posts

Back