D'oh!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curzie

Reaction score
Eleven bottles into bottling my new brew, and I realised I forgot to prime! Poured it back in and primed, and started again. I hope I managed to keep out any contaminants, and that I didn't overly oxygenate the brew in trying to rescue it. What a plonker.

Hmm...I did that 3 with bottles left, lol! I emptied 8 bottles back into the FV before I got over my initial panic. If this brew turns out ok it'll be a minor miracle. Ah well, as a previous poster wrote, a lesson I won't forget!

I wouldn't worry too much if you sanitation was spot on and your pouring careful.

Try and get a consistent modus operandi for bottling. Use a checklist the first few times if it helps. Carbonation drops make this easier - so easy in fact I swear by them.

If you are worried about forgetting the odd bottle for priming, batch prime in a second sanitised vessel then syphon into bottles using a bottling stick for ease.

I use a bottle rinser, no rinse sanitiser, drying rack (home made), carbonation drops and a bottling stick attached to my primary FV. I do two batches of 20 odd bottles. On my own, I can bottle 40-42 bottles in 1.5 hrs tops. With help from son No 1, we can do it in 35-40 mins doing simultaneous jobs!!!

Latest posts

Back