Quick Poll - Pickled Onion?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickled Onion or Not

• Yep

• Nope

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Just a wee quick one....

I love them, they hate me, do I eat one??

Pickled Onions ROCK. Combined with a good ale they produce the best farts known to man...

Pickles Onions are like poofy wine

while pickled Eggs are where real men dine

To those who find this statement Silly.

tis the glorious few who eat pickled Chilli....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Tis good to have yer back Frisp :thumb:

Its good to be back albeit temporarily. Juggling lots of jobs/ projects domestic stuff. and to cap it all I have to drive all teh way up to Scotland on 31st of December and spend 3 solid days on the ****..... Life is a bit hellish....

Ah open houses and wandering in for a dram :D

The pace.
Its starts at midnight inour village. we generally wander door to door walking in and sharing around our bottles of Whisky until all or most are unconcious or speaking in Braille. Thats generally around 6 or 7 Am. Phase 2 is the pub for some hardcore whisky drinking. Its shoulder to shoulder with whisky coming at you like Bullets between 12 and 4Pm. Home for NEw years dinner and the odd dram from passers by who just drop in. Phase 3 is a dance in teh local pub from 7pm until lateoclock..... Last man standing Wins......
Thats teh first of January for me this year........
:thumb:

Pickled onions / eggs are the food of the gods white vinegar boiled with a spoonful of brown sugar a pinch of salt a chopped chilli and some whole cloves and peppercorns.

I had 18 eggs in a jar before my beer club do, I now have two left! I ate three of them and I don't even like eggs!

i made my own pickled eggs with the jamaican red chilli sauce.... well needless to say i broke the health services recommendation of less than 6 eggs a week... and scoffed all 12 in two nights! :shock:

i had ring sting for about a week afterwards.... but it was worth it :twisted:

BrewStew said:
i made my own pickled eggs with the jamaican red chilli sauce.... well needless to say i broke the health services recommendation of less than 6 eggs a week... and scoffed all 12 in two nights! :shock:

Ha ha ha ha crop spraying! I thought eggs were supposed to do the opposite.

BrewStew said:

Ha ha ha ha crop spraying! I thought eggs were supposed to do the opposite.

i think they are... but the amount of hot sauce i threw in must've negated it :lol:

For completeness - I went for the Onion :thumb:

And regretted it :lol:

Latest posts

Back