New Years Resolutions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rofl: :rofl:

EB - thats great, i'd love one :cool:

My NY resolution is to lose the belly. So for that reason I'm off to the gym today to make a start. I figured if I can keep it under control by exercise then I don't have to cut down on the drink ;)

BrewStew said:
Brewing related resolutions/targets:
1. Enter my rauchbier into a homebrewing competition
2. Complete my kilderkin brewery exactly as i want it
3. make a start on the femto brewery
4. achieve a stock of over 500 pints of beer at any one moment during the year
5. Get SWMBO to do an AG brew (with assistance)
6. Get SWMBO to do an AG brew (without assistance)
7. Get my mate sagacon to do an AG brew (with assistance)
8. make a beer with an 8% or higher abv that actually tastes GOOD!

Personal resolutions/targets:
1. stop buying brewing related things on my credit card and then forgetting to pay it off! :oops:
2. drink 20 pints of 5%abv beer in one sitting
3. beat AT at a revenge drinking contest
4. meet AT in person, then beat him again at a drinking contest :lol:
5. go longer than 3 hours without a cigarette, excluding when i'm asleep (that'll be tough!)
6. grow more than my weight in home grown vegetables.
7. Pass my firearms test with the club i'm with, and get a firearms certificate
8. shoot, skin and cook a rabbit
9. shoot, pluck, and cook a pigeon
10. read 5 fiction/biography books from cover to cover ( i dont normally read fiction or biography's, or any books for that matter!). i've read 1/4 the way through Stephen Clarke - Merde Actually in just a day. it's fekkin hilarious and the guy talks in first person, which i relate to better. that, and the guys way with words and thinking is very much like mine!... infact.... he reminds me of MEB .... hey MEB, if your reading this.... check this book out... i've a feeling you might like it :D

Brewstew,

Think you'll end up like this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zBsxqQIu_5s

if you're intent on

4. achieve a stock of over 500 pints of beer at any one moment during the year
2. drink 20 pints of 5%abv beer in one sitting
3. beat AT at a revenge drinking contest
4. meet AT in person, then beat him again at a drinking contest

:rofl:

Mine has been to quit smoking.

I was 11 when I started and I'm 44 now.

I'll have managed 3 days at midnight tonight.

No patches or **** tasting gum just a determination to kick the bleeding habit once and for all.

I promised the old man I'd do it before He slipped His mortal coil last April so that is My main motivation besides the health issues. I'd have done it sooner but it has been a testing 9 months and I could not find the will power to do it until now.

No gain without pain and all that :pray:

BZ

Cheers Wez!

I'm hoping that My lil sis and bro follow suit too....

Flippin Sir Walter Rallie's boat should have sunk on the way home if You ask Me.

Good luck BZ :thumb: I'm off the ciggies 5 years now. I had tried lots of times and the last time i just told myself, it's like having the flu, i'm just sick and i will get better. I don't know if that's any help but it worked for me :oops: I think you need to hate them to give them up.

brewzone said:
Mine has been to quit smoking.

I was 11 when I started and I'm 44 now.

I'll have managed 3 days at midnight tonight.

No patches or **** tasting gum just a determination to kick the bleeding habit once and for all.

I promised the old man I'd do it before He slipped His mortal coil last April so that is My main motivation besides the health issues. I'd have done it sooner but it has been a testing 9 months and I could not find the will power to do it until now.

No gain without pain and all that :pray:

BZ
Good luck with quiting. :clap:

My father quit 4 years ago after a lung cancer scare, turned out he had emphysema, he ain't had one since!
My mother still puffs away, can't believe she still does after all the upset it caused. :x
John

Latest posts

Back