Lidl mini-kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

porter

Reaction score
Lidl have in the mini-kegs filled with Grafenwalder Pils and some kinda wheatbeer version for £11.99.
Just snagged myself two of em.

I take it these are reusable I have a few mini kegs that I bought from LHBS which have a air release to turn so you can pour the beer. I also got a few speckled hen ones from a mate and tried using them the same way, but there was no pressure for the beer to come out and took forever to pour I have tried the speckled hen keg again but without releasing air and worked better but did slow after a couple of pints. I was thinking about trying it again but adding more sugar to keg to see if I can have more pressure to pour out all of beer. If the one's in lidl are the same as I had from LHBS I shall get some as they cost about a fiver so beer is only 7 quid

They are reusable but the top vent plugs are a bitch to get out without damage. Brew uk sell re usable replacements for pennies. I scrapped the vent plugs and replaced with these...If you consider an empty easy keg costs up to 6 quid these are a bargain. The pils is a bit pish but the fest bier is great.....

They are reusable but the top vent plugs are a bitch to get out without damage. Brew uk sell re usable replacements for pennies. I scrapped the vent plugs and replaced with these...If you consider an empty easy keg costs up to 6 quid these are a bargain. The pils is a bit pish but the fest bier is great.....

I have a few spare plugs I started to buy ones that have a little nut on that you twist with spanner they look like they'll last longer than the ones that came with kegs. I'll try the bier later today if they have any in stock. Have you tried using the speckled hen ones?

Where did you get the bungs with the nut on from? Sound good. Haven't tried the speckled hen ones but I have reused some kegs I got from Purity brewery with no issues. Their vent plugs were easy to get out using dental floss....

Where did you get the bungs with the nut on from? Sound good. Haven't tried the speckled hen ones but I have reused some kegs I got from Purity brewery with no issues. Their vent plugs were easy to get out using dental floss....

I got them from copper kettle homebrew shop in Burton Latimer which is just outside Kettering. They do online sales. They cost about a fiver but looks like they will last a lot longer than the plastic ones that cost me about two fifty.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back