California Connoisseur Pinot Noir

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simkin

Reaction score
Started my first California Connoisseur kit middle of last month. Apart from slopping some of the juice concentrate over the floor at the start ( hard to start pouring out of that bag it comes in ) it all went smoothly. Fermented out a lot more quickly than the instructions said, but racked it and left it a good amount of time before fining etc.

A taster from the FV a week ago was a little disheartening, though mainly as I had very high expectations. It had amazing depth of colour and good nose, but a little rough and seemed a little lacking on taste. Well, bottled yesterday after it had bulk aged a further week, and it is really coming on nicely. Just one week has brought the flavour on so much. Very deep and rich, and almost too slick mouthfeel so early, though now the flavours are blooming the full-bodiedness (?) is better supported. It'll be really good in a month. I have a fair whack of my grape/prune juice wine to fend of drinking all the pinot before it has had a chance to mature a bit.

£39 quid well spent, my most expensive kit, and first kit after two chemically, tepid Wilko kit forays. Lately its been juice wines, ginger beer ( delicious ) and TC's, which even with no added sugar, just 1/3 of a bottle of malina syrup added per Dj, seems to pack a real punch! I would recommend those kits. Thinking of the Sauv Blanc next . . . .

Cheers :cheers:

I've just started a 30 bottles CC Reisling kit off , I've never tried one of their kits before . It came with dried elderflowers which were added at the start of fermentation.

Yeah, it's an absolutely fantastic kit the Pinot Noir, I've got a mate who knows his wines, 6 months aged in the bottle he said he'd pay £15 a bottle for wine like that in the shops. :party:

That's good to hear :D I will try to keep some back for several months as well as give the whole lot as much time as I can manage.

Back