spent grain dog treats - can they have roasted grain?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardss

Reaction score
hi guys, i made some treats for my dog brewday before last which are about to run out (she goes mad for them), im currently brewing up a stout and was planning on using the grains for another batch of treats. is anyone aware of any reasons why dogs couldn't have roasted grains? (my recipe contains roasted barley and chocolate malt), the last thing i want to do is give her a bad stomach because when she blows, she blows :sick:

thanks in advance :cheers:

Yep, no problem. My dog used to love them, all types of grains, roasted or not. Just keep the hops away from them

cheers for clearing that up duncs, the hops go nowhere near the grain if im planning on making any treats so no issues there

i guess there is no hops in that lot
hops like chocolate don't mix wi dogs
otherwise grain treats are fine.

Our dog loves them too. I make a batch every time I brew. I am still trying to figure out how to speed up the process, but the long way seems to work best.

there doesn't seem to be a quick way around it but the long way round certainly makes some great treats, i made a large batch of around 70 a couple of months ago and they're just running out so time well spent i think!

Tried using spent grain on the cats, but as they just simply cocked their noses up at it, gave it all to the chickens instead, and then fed the chickens to the cats... :lol:

Latest posts

Back