HBS in Southampton?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrD

Reaction score
Morning folks,

I'm moving to Southampton soon and I was wondering if there are any decent HBS around?

I do wines atm but will be expanding into beers in a few months time when everything has settled down.

Cheers

D

No HBS that I'm aware of, chap. The closest is in Fareham and is called 4u2Brew. Owned by a very knowledgeable fellow who helped me get my brewing 'career' up and bubbling.

There's also a cracking pub called the Southwestern that you might want to look up; landlord always puts on exciting beers!

:drink:

Joeyriles said:
No HBS that I'm aware of, chap. The closest is in Fareham and is called 4u2Brew. Owned by a very knowledgeable fellow who helped me get my brewing 'career' up and bubbling.

There's also a cracking pub called the Southwestern that you might want to look up; landlord always puts on exciting beers!

:drink:

Cheers bud, been looking at houses in Fareham, so will be sure to call in.

Off topic, but what is Fareham like? I've heard mixed reviews.

A mixed bag of a place, to be fair! My best mate lives on the high street and owns a very posh restaurant which I once got mugged outside of (to illustrate the mixed nature of things!)

All in all, a good little commuter area. Not great for pubs, sadly (the Southwestern is in Southampton, I should clarify.)

In my humble opinion you'd enjoy areas like Eastleigh/Winchester much more.

Joeyriles said:
A mixed bag of a place, to be fair! My best mate lives on the high street and owns a very posh restaurant which I once got mugged outside of (to illustrate the mixed nature of things!)

All in all, a good little commuter area. Not great for pubs, sadly (the Southwestern is in Southampton, I should clarify.)

In my humble opinion you'd enjoy areas like Eastleigh/Winchester much more.

Cheers :thumb: .

Looked up the Southwestern earlier, not far from the temporary accommodation I have sorted so will pop in.

I've not been there yet but my parents tell me there's a shop in Salisbury.

The humble plumbin in bitterne (my local) is a great ale pub.

Homebrew shops are a bit few and far but brewuk isnt far away

to be honest with you, i went into the shop and didn't really find him very helpful at all!
I've actually taken to just buying online and accepting the p&p charges!

Latest posts

Back