grand national betting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
anyone got any tips? I'll stick a few quid each way on a few randoms, can't see any with Thistle colours though!
I'm going for;
One in a Milan as my outsider, 66/1
The Rainbow Hunter 33/1
Balthazar King 20/1
Double Seven 7 14/1
Long Run 12/1

good luck and here's hoping the horses are all ok after the race.

Probably a donkey but I'm going for Rock On Ruby. And that is based on the well known scientific method of choosing a horse named after our dog.:D

Edit: Bummer just been told it's not running.

Not going to the bookies but in the sweepie at work I have "Rose of the Moon" and "Tidal Bay"...

Ive put each way bets on,

Teaforthree 8-1
Battlegroup 50-1 (just because of the name)
Mr moonshine 50-1 (close enough to brewing)
Long run 14-1
The Package 22-1

in the sweepstakes I ended up with

Teaforthree
Double seven
The rainbow hunter

Rather looking forward to it!

My opinion only. You only have a % of a chance of picking the winner. ie 30 horses running you have a 30/1 chance of winning. It all about "luck".Thats why the bookies love this race. They have a 1/30 chance of paying out. Even if the favourite wins, at less say 8/1, they are still laughing

I won't put my money on blood sports.

Sorry for being controversial but i wonder how many beautiful horses will have to die tomorrow :-(

Well I've only recently got into homebrew but ice impressed a few colleagues with my wares. One of those colleagues organised an office sweep today and was astounded when I pulled Mr Moonshine out of the hat...May have to back that slice of fate up with a little flutter myself.

I'm really happy to be proved wrong this year as all the runners seem to have come home safely.

Still wouldn't place a bet though!

Ive got to ask this Q as I have very limited experience in betting. My wife had a £2.00 Each Way bet (£4.00 in total) on the horse that came 2nd/3rd (cant remember) and the bookie paid out £9.00 plus original stake....is this correct?

Ive got to ask this Q as I have very limited experience in betting. My wife had a £2.00 Each Way bet (£4.00 in total) on the horse that came 2nd/3rd (cant remember) and the bookie paid out £9.00 plus original stake....is this correct?

What was the odds? Wach way beats pay 1/4 odds if 2nd, 3rd or 4th some pay to 5th.

Back