Far more work than expected

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtrog

(Not so) Senior Member
Reaction score
After three days of cleaning, delabeling, rinsing with steriliser, sorting and storing, I finally have 200+ of my bottles stored away nice and tidy, only have a few with labels still on (they have booze in). Now to have a break then actually clean what can once again be called my room.

I don't remove the labels, I quite like leaving them on. Maybe it is because I live in Italy and like to see an English ale label on my bottles. Also, as sad as it may seem, quite a few bottles I have, bring back a few memories of the parties I was at or who bought them. One of my good friends would always bring over from the UK 6 or so bottles of decent beer, who unfortunately died late last year, so these bottles have some good memories of him.

In some ways, I would like to make my own labels, but think it is too much of a faff, unless I label say about a dozen to take to people etc., otherwise the bottles are stuck in my garage and only see the light of the day when I sup one or two.

I make my own labels (well MS publisher, wordart, printer paper and a stick of glue), but only use them for wines/unusuals and for ageing, to make sure I know what's what. Delabeling is a faff, I just prefer the look of a labeless bottle over someone else's label (it also makes filling easier as you can see where the booze is without having to guess behind labels)

Latest posts

Back