Centennial/Nelson Sauvin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbell

Reaction score
I've been all grain brewing for a couple of months now and thought I'd try to put together my own recipe using two of my favourite hops - nelson sauvin and centennial.

I'm planning to give this one a go in a week or so, I don't really know what I'm doing so any advice would be appreciated!

23L batch:

nelson.png

Probably going to add a bit more to the dry hop, don't really want to use up any more centennial, so I thought maybe a bit of cascade or amarillo.

Any thoughts?

what recipe are you following, whats the grain bill going to be and how much hops do you have to use in the boil/dry hop?

That looks fine, really good, assuming you are ok with the ABV and bitterness, which are both fine for an American IPA.

More dry hops aren't essential. Why confuse the nelson/ centennial blend?

Thanks for the comments,

I think I will stick with just centennial/sauvin combo for now then. I had a bit of a play with the hop schedule and came up with this, which focuses more on the hopstand/dry hop:

censau.png

Any comments? Which version would you go with? Plan is to brew this up on Thursday.

Latest posts

Back