A personal victory.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howyoubrewin

Regular.
Reaction score
I decided to share this post as I sit here with a smug look of satisfaction on my face at the conversation I have just had with Mrs howyoubrewin. The good lady has never been a fan of my homebrew obsession. The smell,the mess,the hours of brewing on a Saturday when we should be sharing 'quality time' together. So a few weeks back I took her to a craft beer pub during a night away in Edinburgh where she got to liking a NZ pale ale they had on tap (bearing in mind my wifes idea of a good beer was San Miguel until this point). So for the last 3 weeks I have been waiting on a brew to ferment and low and behold it still isn't done, which means I have been feeding my beer habit with craft ales from the supermarket. Mrs howyoubrewin has slowly started to aquire a taste for these finer beers after stealing a wee sip here and there and tonight the eureka moment arrived!
Mrs Hyb: Does your homebrew taste like this?
Me: Maybe not exactly like that beer but quality wise yeah.
Mrs Hyb: Really?!
Me: Aye.
Mrs Hyb: I think I will go to Wilko tomorrow and get one of those demi jon thingy me jiggys and make beer too.

EUREKA!!

I have the opposite problem I cannot stop Mrs Tea drinking the stuff I make as if it's going out of fashion.

I am very unfortunate in that Mrs Cwrw666 prefers to drink shop bought red wine so I have to slog my way through all that homebrew without assistance.:lol:

I am very unfortunate in that Mrs Cwrw666 prefers to drink shop bought red wine so I have to slog my way through all that homebrew without assistance.:lol:

That is a stroke of luck. I have to say I think I have won a watch with Mrs wanting to brew her own instead of laying into mine!

I always get my missus to try any beers I've made it bought but unfortunately we have different tastes in beers, she likes wheat beers and I like big hoppy beers so she doesn't really like any of them. I do plan to try and make a few beers they cater to her tastes just as soon as I stop being a selfish ****.

Back