One for the older members.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, i guess you only really got to see regional stations back then if they had a "programme" worthy of broadcast nationally unless you lived in there area.

Ha ha. I remember the regional Independent TV broadcasters. Westward, Southern, Granada, Yorkshire, Thames, Anglia (Live from Norwich. The Quiz I the Week!)...

I grew up with Westward, TWW and then Harlech which became HTV. Also remember ABC and Rediffusion as being the bigger companies.

Rediffusion now that takes me back.

Rediffusion set up their wired networks in many UK and Overseas towns and cities from the early 1930's through to the 1980's providing interference-free Radio and Television reception.
Subscribers selected their Radio or TV channel using a Selector Switch located adjacent to their Television Set or Radio Speaker. Subscriber service was key to the success of the company and the white and yellow Service Vans were a common sight in most cities around the UK.

selector.jpg

trafalgar.JPG

rediffusion_bristol.JPG

rediffusion_1.jpg

transit.jpg

Every year we have a family Christmas party on Boxing day and everyone has to bring a quiz. I did a picture quiz one year on TV idents which caused some discussion.

Simply photo-shopping the picture to remove the obvious stuff then guess the TV station.

Like this one.

TV.png

Latest posts

Back