How did you get your user name.?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, i am from up north and we like a Chippy Tea on a Friday night (used to be paid weekly) so i thought it would make a good username.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOsYykqvghY

Cool song. I often start singing it when I see your username. I saw them live in York a couple of years ago and there was a lot of good Lancashire/Yorkshire banter :lol:

They asked if anyone from Lancashire was in and being from Lancaster originally (and having had 5 pints) my hand shot up with a cheer. Only for me to remember where I was and see that mine was the ONLY hand in the air...

My name isn't Michael and I'm from Dundee. Shortening my first name and adding my location gives the name of a film character made famous by Paul Hogan.

Nobody actually calls me Mick IRL

Until about 6 or 7 years ago I went by "Hessymilessy" or "Hessy" online (on other forums etc, I didn't even start brewing until 18m ago), which was a stupid nickname one of my best mates gave me when we were 13. He had stupid rhymes for each of us, and I was "Hessy Milessy the Big jolly Jessie". I tried to bring it back as "Hessi" a couple of years back (I'm an absolutely horrendous footballer so thought I would use the new spelling ironically) but reverted back to Mick Dundee after a while.

Mine is just a nickname I was given years ago, I'm not even sure where it came from. Sort of an ironic(?) nickname now as I don't shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My surname is Lay and my initial is S, so a work nickname developed.

Nothing to do with the band though. Afraid it's my type of music, too heavy.

Cool song. I often start singing it when I see your username. I saw them live in York a couple of years ago and there was a lot of good Lancashire/Yorkshire banter :lol:

They asked if anyone from Lancashire was in and being from Lancaster originally (and having had 5 pints) my hand shot up with a cheer. Only for me to remember where I was and see that mine was the ONLY hand in the air...

I have lived in the same town all my life, when i was a nipper it was in Lancashire then they moved the border and we became part of Cumbria, i still class myself as a Lancashire lad.

Nice!! Do you take it to Santa Pod?
I'm off to Ninove in mine the week after next to stock up on Witkap. You're not heading there are you?

Planning on stripping out the interior this year (be a nice break from rust removal!), so may try and get to Santa Pod while it's fairly lightweight!

Paul Mcstay, fav player when i was growing up and 67,the year the first British team to win the European cup.
Just a pity we have been nowhere near it again in the last 50 yrs 😁

My dad watched a lot of westerns....I've heard all the horse jokes and my younger years were liberally scattered with smart arses and the like...

Cheers

Clint

Magic! never heard of 'The Lancashire Hotpots' till Chippy Tea posted the first video. Shame on me!
And me a proud member of LCCC, where they do have Lancashire Hot Pot quite often in the members bar, and 3 hand pumped cask ales.
Cheers

How do you pronounce 'cwrw' ? Is it even possible to type it phonetically??

It is typed phonetically - Welsh is a pretty strictly phonetic language.
Of course, it has 7 vowels which usually throws the English. W is one of them - it's pronounced like the `oo' in soon.

So Cwrw to the English would be pronounced Koo-roo.

It is typed phonetically - Welsh is a pretty strictly phonetic language.
Of course, it has 7 vowels which usually throws the English. W is one of them - it's pronounced like the `oo' in soon.

So Cwrw to the English would be pronounced Koo-roo.

Excellent! This is a school day for me :thumb: now where did I put that cwrw...

From the Stranglers song Hanging Around. Got the barley fever = under the influence. Seemed to fit well with the subject matter. Not that I would ever over indulge though!! :whistle:

Latest posts

Back