Newbie from Derbyshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uniquefreak

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks in advance. Have only done extract kits in the past and after a 10 year break, have just purchased 3 legal kegs to convert/build a small garage setup with.

Paid the supporting member fee, straight out of the gate as not expecting something for nothing.

Have read loads online, but still could do with the basics spelling out in terms of what each of the 3 kegs jobs will be when I convert them. Looking to go all electrical. From a background in motorcycles, have lots of friends who can weld, plus a couple of mates who are plumbers (ageing Dad is an electrician). I'm 39.

Cheers,

Ady.

Hallo pal,
Welcome to the forum
It's a good ambition pal.
The gurus will be on the help u in due course...prob sleeping if the Sunday lunch/alcohol intake...song of praise! Lol
Looking fwd your progress.
Bri

Hi Ady, welcome to the forum. If you've got friends that are plumbers, electricians and welders - especially welders - you've got all the contacts you need to build your own set up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'll be following your progress with interest. :thumb:

Good luck - the world is your lobster..! (To quote Arthur Daily):)

My first set up was two kegs and a Brewbuilder insulated mash tun. I used the kegs 'upside down' by cutting the bottoms out so that they drained through the screwed end where the Sankey spear enters. Zero dead space. The kegs needed to be supported on frames though as the elbow fitting that went into the thread stood proud of the keg rim. I had the elbows welded to the threaded top part of the Sankey spear.
They worked a treat but they are heavy for cleaning and (if you're as **** with an angle grinder as I am) had loads of sharp bits where I'd cut the bases out! Much happier with my stainless pots from Inox.

Latest posts

Back