CAMRA members!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerisGOD

Landlord.
Reaction score
Has anyone really benefitted from this membership?
Had myn thru today

You do if you use the Weatherspoon vouchers

And a lot of pubs in the Good Beer Guide offer discount to CAMRA members.

Your local branch may also set up brewery trips or pub crawls etc.

You do not have to agree with everything CAMRA does to get the benefits of membership.

You get a good UK guide plus a regional magazine and the chance to go on pub crawls and brewery visits.You will have to grow a bead and smoke a pipe....a small price to pay. Go for it I think you will enjoy membership.

I joined last year, as an 'oldie' (I'm 68) so membership was inexpensive £16, got a load of vouchers for cheap beer off Wetherspoons not used many of them though, get a discount of beer in some Pubs with my membership card and free entry to the Manchester Beer Festival, so all in all good value I thought. Quite enjoy reading the newsletter and magazine as well.
My membership will auto renew this month so I'm staying with them.
Cheers

Last edited:
The brewery visits sound good. Do you have to pay extra or do they come in with membership? How much is membership?

The brewery visits will depend on how 'active' the social secretary is in your local branch.
There is often a nominal fee based on how much the brewery charge for a tour any transport laid on.

My local branch paid visit to my shed the other week so they are receptive to home brewers.

The brewery visits will depend on how 'active' the social secretary is in your local branch.
There is often a nominal fee based on how much the brewery charge for a tour any transport laid on.

My local branch paid visit to my shed the other week so they are receptive to home brewers.

So it may well be better just to go on a brewery tour without joining CAMRA then?

So it may well be better just to go on a brewery tour without joining CAMRA then?

Yes it could be, but some lay on transport and organise food etc. You have a good chance of getting more free beer as well :thumb:
I remember going to trippleFFF brewery where the brewers were well pi**ed when we arrived and assumed as we were CAMRA members we knew how beer was brewed and just wanted to sample it all :drink:
We gave them a lift in the coach back to their pub in Alton where we all got :drunk:

We have also been on a cider tour of the New Forrest which was great fun.

I use my vouchers in Wetherspoons and read the mags when they arrive.I pay old git rate so £20 in vouchers for £16 membership:thumb:

Same here , £20 vouchers for a £16 fee plus quite a few pubs in Newcastle give 10% off for CAMRA members for cask ales.
there is even one new micropub that gives 10% on ALL beers and wines but I am not going to be the one to tell him it should only apply to cask ales only.

Access to Newcastle (and other) Beer festival yet another saving, it's daft not to join!

What does doing what they say involve?

CAMRA promote real ale and even as a member I am partial to the the newer varieties of Keg ales particularly the NEIPA which are flooding the pubs at the moment. I join CAMRA to support their objectives for real ale but NOT at the exclusion of keg, there is room for both.

Even more useful since a local Wetherspoons opened a couple of years ago. :smile:

Sadly the red well near me doesn't endorse this campaign. However, the beer festival in June will give me and my misses free admission. She's out in Milton Keynes in two weeks where 2 places within 200 yards will offer discounts. Not just that but we can use the vouchers (50p off pint) for one evening or preferably late morning

Latest posts

Back