New Years Resolutions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
What are your new years resolutions?

For 2009 mine are :

1. Spend more time with the family
2. Loose some weight - well when I say some - quite a bit :oops:
3. Finish the bathroom decorating which I started in March 2008 (approx)
4. Set up a 2nd and maybe a 3rd beer engine (this may screw up 1.)
5. Not to eat any pickled onions, at all, whatsoever
6. Make sure the family sits down together for at least 1 meal a week!

Come on then, whats it for you?

Brew More . . . Build Less

:)

Exercise More
Eat less ready made stuff . . . cook more

Are those tips for me or your resolutions :lol:

Wez said:
What are your new years resolutions?

For 2009 mine are :

1. Spend more time with the family
2. Loose some weight - well when I say some - quite a bit :oops:
3. Finish the bathroom decorating which I started in March 2008 (approx)
4. Set up a 2nd and maybe a 3rd beer engine (this may screw up 1.)
And 2 and probably 3 :rofl:

Wez, agree with AT, 2 & 3 are definitely down the pan if you do No 4. :rofl:

I think you are both right :thumb:

I wonder what will happen :hmm:

Bottle & cornies?

Give bottles to friends and family and have a "small" (compared with your setup) amount on tap.

Alternatively, give some to me look after :drink: and I'll ration you. :D

Drink more, brew more, work less.
Also to have a great assortment of DP brews in my 'cellar' ready to drink.
Buy some more guns, i fancy a bigger cal deer hunting rifle with a massive leopold scope.
Finish the brewery and get it 'licensed'.
Invent more ways to BAN the french and the japanese from using the phone whilst on holiday in NZ and phoning me at 5am to ask stupid questions.
Have a day off without having to answer stupid phonecalls about diving-yes you will get wet, no i cannot guarentee you will see dolphins/rays/Orca or sharks, no i cannot tell you what the weather will be like in 5 weeks time, no i have no idea what dive site we will go to out of the 150 on offer, yes you do have to be certified to dive, no it's not cheaper if you offer cash, no you won't get your deposit back if you are sick and can't dive.
Spend more time on my beloved THBF.
Brew DP's Litchfield October Beer-it's got beans and peas in it! :shock:
Enter the national homebrewing championship and teach the dozy kiwi's that 3 beer styles, all of which are lager, isn't really a brewing competition is it? :roll:
Have some time off and not have to work christmas day like i did this year :evil:

Brewing related resolutions/targets:
1. Enter my rauchbier into a homebrewing competition
2. Complete my kilderkin brewery exactly as i want it
3. make a start on the femto brewery
4. achieve a stock of over 500 pints of beer at any one moment during the year
5. Get SWMBO to do an AG brew (with assistance)
6. Get SWMBO to do an AG brew (without assistance)
7. Get my mate sagacon to do an AG brew (with assistance)
8. make a beer with an 8% or higher abv that actually tastes GOOD!

Personal resolutions/targets:
1. stop buying brewing related things on my credit card and then forgetting to pay it off! :oops:
2. drink 20 pints of 5%abv beer in one sitting
3. beat AT at a revenge drinking contest
4. meet AT in person, then beat him again at a drinking contest :lol:
5. go longer than 3 hours without a cigarette, excluding when i'm asleep (that'll be tough!)
6. grow more than my weight in home grown vegetables.
7. Pass my firearms test with the club i'm with, and get a firearms certificate
8. shoot, skin and cook a rabbit
9. shoot, pluck, and cook a pigeon
10. read 5 fiction/biography books from cover to cover ( i dont normally read fiction or biography's, or any books for that matter!). i've read 1/4 the way through Stephen Clarke - Merde Actually in just a day. it's fekkin hilarious and the guy talks in first person, which i relate to better. that, and the guys way with words and thinking is very much like mine!... infact.... he reminds me of MEB .... hey MEB, if your reading this.... check this book out... i've a feeling you might like it :D

BS-i don't read fiction at all. Just fantasy mostly and i have about 20 books still to read from last year.
BrewStew said:
8. make a beer with an 8% or higher abv that actually tastes GOOD!
Easy one that mate. DP's 1837 IPA. ;) You'll prolly need to excersize a fair bit in the weeks leading up to brewing it because of the vast amount of hops you shovel in. :lol:

try and find the blurb on it mate... it's about the author that's seeing a hot french babe, their escapes, and his thoughts on it, and from what i've read so far, his issues with living in france and their "intricacies". so funny. every other page has had me in stitches.

i was thinking a DP maybe the way to go... but all that waiting!!! NNNNNNoooooooo!!!!

Once you've waited 6 month's you'll want to leave all your brews that long. I guarentee once you've tried a DP brew you won't want anything else... ;)

that's almost why i dont want to do them... cos then i'd have to invest in about 10 more cornies :lol: i'm only just getting by with 6!

crE said:
J_P said:
1024 x 786 :D arf
:lol:

(went away fort 20 minutes, then realized the joke, and had to come back just to check :lol: )

Sorry couldn't resist. I keep meaning to learn how to light fire with sticks but I never seem to get round to it

J_P said:
1024 x 786 :D arf

:rofl:

I have had on my list for the last few years learn to fly a model plane. I now have one (well I already had one but it was ancient and would not fly well even at the hands of experts) of these:

5500285.jpg

It's a monowing slope soarer so I better get and learn to fly it :party:

Back