never had that happen before

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godsdog

Landlord.
Reaction score
and serves as a warning to other cornie keg users that force carb.last week I forced carbed a full cornie keg of beer to around 20 psi,put the gas clock on it and today it says its dropped to around 10psi so I thought id gas it a bit more and inadvertently connected it to the serving psi outlet of the gas management board and not one of the two force carb outlets.well you can see where im going cant you?the pressure being a tad higher in the keg than the serving pressure it blew back with ale up the gas out QD :doh: into the management board :doh: the clocks still look ok and dry,i wont be doing that again in a hurry:doh:

just connected it to the force carb outlet with at least 20psi setting and its done the same thing,could it be because I have overfilled the keg a tad where the ale is covering the short outlet to the QD in the keg and is sucking ale up thru it?

Certainly sound like the corny has been overfilled i.e. the gas-in dip tube is under the beer level. If the dip tube is in free space then you shouldn't get any liquid going back up it even with a pressure difference.
You could try to draw some beer off to lower the level or remove the lid and have a look at the level

Back