Festival golden stag.. will it be any good ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baz_wxm

Reaction score
Hi.
Just made this kit its in the FV now ready for fermentation, trouble is I seem to have added the priming sugar.

will it be any good or do it dump it :whistle:

Hi.
Just made this kit its in the FV now ready for fermentation, trouble is I seem to have added the priming sugar.

It will be fine just a touch higher ABV use normal sugar to prime, dont forget 2 weeks in FV, then rack into secondary FV for 10 days,then rack into bottling bucket for a week then bottle, Then a week in the warm carbonating then 6 weeks or more conditioning. Dont believe the Instructions on kits , follow the above method and you will make very good beer.

Hi.

This will make no difference, as it is ~ 100g of table sugar and that just gets lost in a brew this size. Use a further and less expensive 100g of table sugar to prime when the time comes.

Tanzanite outlines a good methodology for this sort of kit. The reports I recall suggest that 2-3 months is a realistic time scale for its best.

It will be fine just a touch higher ABV use normal sugar to prime, dont forget 2 weeks in FV, then rack into secondary FV for 10 days,then rack into bottling bucket for a week then bottle, Then a week in the warm carbonating then 6 weeks or more conditioning. Dont believe the Instructions on kits , follow the above method and you will make very good beer.
when I rack it into secondary FV do I keep a constant heat as I did when fermenting..

when I rack it into secondary FV do I keep a constant heat as I did when fermenting..

no just keep it cool so it starts to clear, then any yeast in suspention can clean up any off flavours or smells from fermentation, then bottle with a level teaspoon sugar, put back into the warmth to carbonate 2 weeks, then into the cold to condition for around six weeks min, i leave ten, a lot longer for dark beers and stouts, but your choice:thumb:

Latest posts

Back