1st Wine brew started!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
welcome to the mad world of homebrewing!, gotta ask, did you keep both brewbelts switched on during fermentation? look into making your own temp controller with a little gizmo called an stc-1000, cheap at around a tenner and with it you will get more reliable brews, it controls not just the heating(in winter) of the homebrew but the cooling(in summer-with a fridge, normally in the garage) makes the yeast work properly at the right temp, oh and be careful! this hobby bites you before you know it and there is no way back lol

After 24 hours the wine had cleared, so today I racked off, De-gassed and bottled. I think I have lost 2-3 litres as it was tricky trying not to disturb the sedement whilst tipping the FV over slightly. Had to leave the air locks on to enable me to shake off any extra CO2 left but TBH there is little to none!
Had a sneaky taste and it's cretainly dry, if not a little bland. Going to leave it in a dark place for week or two to see if it improves!

Note other Soda water bottle are available!

WP_20170326_20_06_09_Pro.jpg

Latest posts

Back