Dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kman

Regular.
Reaction score
I have my first all grain stout sat in the fv for 2 weeks and was just wondering if it is worth dry hopping with giggles I have left over or is it not good to dry hop a stout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my first all grain stout sat in the fv for 2 weeks and was just wondering if it is worth dry hopping with giggles I have left over or is it not good to dry hop a stout?

:lol::lol::lol:like it.Giggles hops:mrgreen:,guess a typo and should read Fuggles
Do whatever you feel is right for you.Generally i don't think stout's are dry hopped,having said that why not!:thumb:

:lol::lol::lol:like it.Giggles hops:mrgreen:,guess a typo and should read Fuggles
Do whatever you feel is right for you.Generally i don't think stout's are dry hopped,having said that why not!:thumb:

Haha, the joys of having a 3 year old trying to take your phone plus auto correct

Stouts are usually all about the malts and not the hops but if you want to give it a go then do so.

If it's a high ABV you might have people collapsing in a fit of giggles!

Haha, the joys of having a 3 year old trying to take your phone plus auto correct

That's it,blame the poor liitle mite:lol:.
You MUST do some labels for it and include 'giggles' in the title. You MUST:mrgreen:

Read somewhere, that Guiness has an IBU level of about 40 give or take a few. The bitterness is masked by the roast malts which naturally is more apparent in a straightforward bitter

Dry hop with columbus it will give you a very nice background lime hit, works very well with dark ales,,, trust me :)

Back