Corny kegs €31.95

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManseMasher

Regular.
Reaction score
Homebrewcompany.ie have cornies for €31.95 - that's less than £23. Then there's 5% member discount.....

You can buy them in Euros (easiest way is through PayPal) and then they work out at about £22. Don't forget to use the discount code to save a little more

I just bought one last week, with discount £28:73 which includes delivery and it only took two days to arrive

Sounds great is postage same to mainland uk?

Soton is from Southampton so I would assume that price includes delivery to GB. Delivery charges are on their website - €8.95 for up to 31kg to England, Scotland, Wales.

just ordered 3 also great price but I've heard that they are reconditioned ones anyone had any problems with them

I ordered mine last week and it arrived on Friday. It's in decent condition but you can tell it's used. I need to give it a proper clean, but from the looks of things it seems fine!

I keep seeing people saying use the discount code what am I missing ????????

just ordered 3 also great price but I've heard that they are reconditioned ones anyone had any problems with them
Yes they are second hand kegs, I have bought three now and they all have been in a good condition, nothing wrong with them that a good clean won't fix
If you want nice shiny new ones they also sell them but they cost a lot more

I understand there are two different types of these do you have a choice in which one you receive? If so which ones are the best or are they both equally as good?

Craigtube has a section on prepping cornies for filling, he uses an oxidising bleach (laundry stain remover,odourless) inside them to clean them before rinsing and sanitising, i picked up some in a local B&M for £3.00 for 2kg (tesco was £2.50 per 1kg exact same thing). For outside cleaning any decent metal polish should do a decent job.

I've just picked one up, Now to work out how to use the thing :D

Although these are a total bargain compared to buying a new one, the Cornys are the cheap bit.Here gives a list of what is needed for anyone who doesn't know what is involved.You also need a CO2 bottle, which can sometimes be tricky to find.

I've ordered 2, I think they'll arrive tomorrow (I'm in NI).I only just noticed they had 3 on sale for a slightly reduced price so I think they must have plenty of stock.
One question - if you don't have a CO2 source or run out of CO2 can you still use these by priming with sugar?

One question - if you don't have a CO2 source or run out of CO2 can you still use these by priming with sugar?
The problem you would have is you would not be able to seal the lid up against the top of the corny as the co2 gas pushes the lid upwards on to the rubber sealing ring, if you just prime the keg I think the priming gas would just escape as it wouldn't have a seal
I have been thinking about away of using a small s30 co2 for dispensing my beer when I go away on a boating holiday (I would carbonate first from my big cylinder) maybe a s30 might be enough to get the initial seal to your keg and clear the air out then you could leave the priming sugar to do its stuff and then use the s30 for dispensing pressure, that said I'm not sure if any of that will work as I am yet to test it out

Although these are a total bargain compared to buying a new one, the Cornys are the cheap bit.Here gives a list of what is needed for anyone who doesn't know what is involved.You also need a CO2 bottle, which can sometimes be tricky to find.

I've ordered 2, I think they'll arrive tomorrow (I'm in NI).I only just noticed they had 3 on sale for a slightly reduced price so I think they must have plenty of stock.

I'm up in Ballymena and having trouble finding co2, one firm in Kilrea is looking for £60 for a bottle and £28 for a refill, guy on phone said that it was as small a bottle that they can sell without a licence. A local welding parts firm only do 375g disposable tanks at £18 a shot.

Latest posts

Back