Easy Keg 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leon, don't know whether its design or error, but you have to keep tightening after the cartridge is pierced, its not like the red bulb holders and the cap where seal is formed before piercing

I too had this issue, you can feel and hear gas escaping out the vent in the holder. Grip tight and keep turning

Yes this was the issue. The bulb wasn't empty but full :thumb:

I emailed Deborah at Geterbrewed the other day asking if they intended to stock mini kegs, as I like to buy everything from one place.

She seemed interested and said that if there was a market and thought they'd sell, then they'd get them in, as well as all of the extras.

I sent her a link to this thread and explained how popular they'd become.

Just wondered if anyone else (well, a few of us) fancied expressing an interest, they might get the ball rolling.

Cheers.

(Hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules re favouring one supplier, if so please remove.)

I emailed Deborah at Geterbrewed the other day asking if they intended to stock mini kegs, as I like to buy everything from one place.

She seemed interested and said that if there was a market and thought they'd sell, then they'd get them in, as well as all of the extras.

I sent her a link to this thread and explained how popular they'd become.

Just wondered if anyone else (well, a few of us) fancied expressing an interest, they might get the ball rolling.

Cheers.

(Hopefully this doesn't break any forum rules re favouring one supplier, if so please remove.)

Nope. Geterbrewed are my goto shop. I'm always going on about how much I like them

So, can we talk about how much people are paying for the 16g co2 cartridges for the MK top tap?

I paid £14.99 for 30 plus delivery.

My mates give me an old speckled hen keg for me to put some of this Razorback ipa I have done for him,does anyone know if this Bung is re usable or can you get replacements.Also once racked of the FV and primed,can some be put into this keg,or would you prime separate?

image.jpg

My mates give me an old speckled hen keg for me to put some of this Razorback ipa I have done for him,does anyone know if this Bung is re usable or can you get replacements.Also once racked of the FV and primed,can some be put into this keg,or would you prime separate?

Yes you can reuse the Bung. I would prime separately because you will need less sugar

I am about to keg my porter but not sure how much to prime with.

I am priming the bottles with 4.5g but not sure about the kegs. Any ideas?

I am about to keg my porter but not sure how much to prime with.

I am priming the bottles with 4.5g but not sure about the kegs. Any ideas?

Mini-kegs need much less priming sugar than bottles - typically 10-12g of priming sugar in a Mini keg seems about right to me for bitters and US pale ales.

Thats 2g - 2.4g per litre of normal sugar (10-12g for the whole 5l minikeg).

Even then the first pint out can be a bit lively/frothy but from there on should be good.

That's a good point actually. Does anybody have any good tips on removal of bungs with a minimal amount of destruction? I should've bought a few spares because I don't really order from BrewUK and geterbrewed and hbc don't seem to stock them :(

Wow. Brave. Only went 20g for a Pilsner

Yeah agree. I used 50g across three kegs for my last batch and even pint number 3 was a bit lively. Although that was at room temperature.

Did 60g for my lager for all three, hoping chilling them will make a difference.

Latest posts

Back