Flixon Breweries Here - Temperature After Packaging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flixonbrews

Reaction score
Some of you here may have heard of us. There's been a great deal of trepidation in our town about our new brew coming out soon, Betty Firstbrew. We don't want to let the punters down, so we hoped you could help on our second question.

After primary fermentation has taken place, and we've syphoned and sealed her up in the pressure barrel, do we need to apply heat to the barrel like we did to the fermenting tub?

We had the fermenting tub at 22 degrees, but I have no idea how I'll be able to put the immersion heater into the pressure barrel to do the same for the next bit, or maybe we won't have to? It's in a garage at a top secret location at the moment, we have power for our immersion heater, but there's no ambient heat.

You have no idea how grateful Flixton Breweries will be for an answer to this quandary, and we eagerly await your kind replies. :whistle:

You will need to keep the barrel at or about the 20c range to let the priming sugar ferment. If the room is cold then look at perhaps using a waterbath to maintain the temp, small aquarium heater. The pressure barrel will need to be 100% airtight or the beer will not carbonate.

How much have you been drinking lol.

Keep it warm around 18-20c. So stick it in the house but don't let any visitors see your secret ale.

I have a feeling that beer isn't going to last more than a week in the FV and then its gonna get drunk stone cold flat lol

Back