Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > Beer Brewing Talk > Complete and Brewed Recipes > Belgian and French Ale Simple Saison

Old 20-04-2017, 05:12 AM   #11
LesTom

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I received my 1 gallon all grain recipe kit from @brewstore.co.uk yesterday and I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to get brewing.

Just a couple of questions:- it comes with a 10 gram pack of Mangrove Jacks yeast and on their website it says you can rehydrate the yeast before pitching (although not essential) even though there no mention of this on the instruction leaflet.
And the other question is - do I use the whole 10 grams? As it says you can use the contents for up to 23 litres even though I'm only making 4.5 litres.

Thanks in advance

Old 21-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #12
ncmcdonald

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesTom View Post
I received my 1 gallon all grain recipe kit from @brewstore.co.uk yesterday and I'm very pleased with it and can't wait to get brewing.

Just a couple of questions:- it comes with a 10 gram pack of Mangrove Jacks yeast and on their website it says you can rehydrate the yeast before pitching (although not essential) even though there no mention of this on the instruction leaflet.
And the other question is - do I use the whole 10 grams? As it says you can use the contents for up to 23 litres even though I'm only making 4.5 litres.

Thanks in advance
To be honest I wouldn't bother rehydrating the yeast and pitch the whole amount. If you pitch the whole sachet there will be more than enough healthy yeast to ferment out the beer.

The only reason you may want to split the sachet of yeast is if you were brewing another beer otherwise I would just pitch the whole thing.

My site about home brewing
LesTom Likes This 
Old 21-04-2017, 06:55 PM   #13
LesTom

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmcdonald View Post
To be honest I wouldn't bother rehydrating the yeast and pitch the whole amount. If you pitch the whole sachet there will be more than enough healthy yeast to ferment out the beer.

The only reason you may want to split the sachet of yeast is if you were brewing another beer otherwise I would just pitch the whole thing.
Thanks for that. One of these days I'll know enough to stop asking newbie questions

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk