King Keg tap leak

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Reaction score
Bought this last week and filled it tonight with water and gassed it to pressure test it.

So the tap is leaking, not a lot just a drop every few minutes but it shouldn't should it? If it were "product" then nasties could in theory get in.

I intend taking it back for a change out.

PH

It shouldn't do that, no. Did you try a bit of vaseline round the rubber o ring?

There is no "O" ring in the tap, or am I being ignorant?

I greased the cap with vassie yes.

BTW I am ex oil and on rigs high pressure valves are greased as a matter of routine. amazing really what pressure a slap of grease will manage, 2 or 3 psi, thousand that is. ;)

PH

I've never seen a king keg but when you unscrew the tap is there anything rubber that you could grease to hold the pressure?

There should be a rubber washer between the tap and the keg body with the nut inside the keg. If you over tighten then nut the washer will distort and let liquid out

The issue was not with the seal it was with the working parts of the actual tap. I took it back and the owner of the shop said there were known issues with it. She gave me a different type and it is holding as it should.

The moral of the tale is it pays to check the kit before putting it into the system.

PH

Latest posts

Back