Milestone American Pale Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wazzaowl

Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this yet so thought I'd start one! Started a week ago and it still looks very lively. Going to dry hop with Nelson Sauvin and Chinook, when it calms down a bit that is! I short brewed it to 21/22 litres, smells good but looks a bit dark for a pale ale.

Anyone else done this brew?

Couldn't find a thread for this yet so thought I'd start one! Started a week ago and it still looks very lively. Going to dry hop with Nelson Sauvin and Chinook, when it calms down a bit that is! I short brewed it to 21/22 litres, smells good but looks a bit dark for a pale ale.

Anyone else done this brew?

Just curious how this turned out mate ?

Just curious how this turned out mate ?

Turned out really well! Lovely, clear pale ale and the hops have added a subtle grapefruit taste to it. It's more of a summer drink, it doesn't have a huge body but it is very refreshing.

On its own I think branding it as an American pale ale isn't great, without me adding the hops (60g fresh hops) I doubt it would have had much in the way of hop aroma.

What abv did this one give you wazza? Ive just brewed it and my final reading gives me 3.4% abv. Was expecting somewhere nearer 4 tbh

What abv did this one give you wazza? Ive just brewed it and my final reading gives me 3.4% abv. Was expecting somewhere nearer 4 tbh

Unfortunately I forgot to use a hydrometer on this one! I always short brew to 21l and it tastes good, it has enough of a mouth feel to make me think it isn't as weak as 3.4%, I assume it's around 4/4.5%.

Thanks for the reply. Know what you mean about the flavour/aroma. I made a hop tea with 30g of centennial and having finished in primary, it tastes ok but can't imagine it would have much flavour if I hadn't. Gonna give it a 3 stage dry hop this week with 25g centennial at a time

Thanks for the reply. Know what you mean about the flavour/aroma. I made a hop tea with 30g of centennial and having finished in primary, it tastes ok but can't imagine it would have much flavour if I hadn't. Gonna give it a 3 stage dry hop this week with 25g centennial at a time

Yeah you will be pleased with the results, more of a summer ale I would say though. I used 30g chinook and 30g Nelsin sauvin which gave it the perfect subtle hoppy kick

Latest posts

Back