best kit for beginner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr hops

Reaction score
I already have all the equipment but not the kit.

The last kit I had required a 2 week maturing process at 10C.

What kind of beer kit does not have this? I would like one that is easy to use.

Hi Mr Hops

I would suggest that basically almost any beer kit on sale in the UK is going to be easier than this :thumb:

Easiest and most fool proof kit I know is the Coopers Stout (Original - white label, black lid). On sale at Wilko, for instance, where you can pick up 500g DME and add 1kg of table sugar. No messing around with temps and easily ready to drink in 6 weeks. Widely available and good, honest stuff that survives almost any messing around with.

My first brew was actually the Festival Christmas Ale. It was all drunk, except 2 or 3 bottles, within 2 weeks of bottling it. What a waste! I had one last week and wow! Never tasted anything like it. Then moved onto a Woodeforde's Wherry and am in the middle of an Brewferm Abdij brew. They're all pretty easy in my opinion.

Most of the kits are pretty simple. For me it's just ensuring everything is sterilised and being able to leave the brews alone long enough to properly condition ! As mentioned above, the difference on a well conditioned beer versus a young one can be immense.
Just go for whatever you fancy and you'll soon be tweaking with other fermentables, dry hops, etc.

a two can kit is probably the easiest... no need to add anything other than the contents of the cans. St Peters Ruby Red ale and Woodfordes Wherry seem to get the reviews.

Back