Brewday : Twin Rhombus Sun 11/01/09

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Brewing today - Smod assisting :thumb:

It's a clone of Double Diamond

66c Mash on at the moment :cool:

60L Target OG 1.052

11800.00 gm Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 89.87 %
830.00 gm Caramel/Crystal Malt - 80L (80.0 SRM) Grain 6.32 %
500.00 gm Maize, Flaked (1.3 SRM) Grain 3.81 %
105.00 gm Challenger [7.00 %] (90 min) (First Wort Hop) Hops 35.1 IBU
40.00 gm Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (15 min) (Aroma Hop-Steep) Hops -

Going well, we had 81L at 1.048 pre-boil so think we may have overshot the 80% efficiency :shock: 35 mins left to go on the boil.

Might have to let this one down :hmm:

Looks like the pre boil reading may have been wrong :oops: we ended up with 65L at 1.050 (83% efficiency) after a 1hr boil loads of trub in the boiler :)

Yeast pitched - feet up :thumb:

Thanks for helping out Smod, really enjoyed the day :cool:

Less than 2 hours after pitching the yeast both fermenters are bubbling away at around every 5 or 6 seconds :cool:

Great day. Pitched the yeast at about 7pm, S02, then had to make a sharp exit to get to my mate's 105miles away. Hopefully it's bubbling away as is Wez's. I'll see on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks again Wez. :thumb:

Fermenters going like the clappers now, good 3 to 4 inch yeast head on both :thumb:

Back now. Fermenting well but my house is not too warm, (we don't like the heat) probably 18-20c, so not too much foam. Checking the hydrometer I've left in the brew it's about 1036-1038 since Sunday 7pm. :thumb:

Smells fantastic :thumb:

How's yours Wez?

Thats good news :thumb:

Going like clappers :cool: not checked gravity just yet, will do that tomorrow :grin:

Mine are at 20c in the kitchen

Now down to just over 1020 looking and smelling good :thumb:

Fermentation seems to have stopped. Hydrometer reads approx 1012 so I'll transfer this tomorrow. :thumb:

Ended-up putting the Twin Rhombus into 9L cornies later than Wez (Sunday), one as-is the other with 3g Goldings dry hops. Primed but doesn't seem to be making any conditioning gas after 3 days :?

If I leave it longer and it's still the same can I add some yeast to eat up the priming sugar and kick start the priming? :hmm:

Ended-up putting the Twin Rhombus into 9L cornies later than Wez (Sunday), one as-is the other with 3g Goldings dry hops. Primed but doesn't seem to be making any conditioning gas after 3 days

You might have a leak on your corny :hmm:

Latest posts

Back