"Dry Hop 0 Days"... What?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notlaw

Dubbel Dragon
Reaction score
I get what it means when a recipe says Dry Hop 7 days or 5 days or whatever, but if it says 0 days, what does that mean?

Stick them in your bottling bucket and they get half an hour max?

Stick them in a few hours before you bottle?

Stick them in the night before you bottle?

How do you interpret 0 days?

I get what it means when a recipe says Dry Hop 7 days or 5 days or whatever, but if it says 0 days, what does that mean?

Stick them in your bottling bucket and they get half an hour max?

Stick them in a few hours before you bottle?

Stick them in the night before you bottle?

How do you interpret 0 days?

Where have you seen this ? if its from recipes pulled from software it might mean 0 minutes in the kettle.. (just a guess)

Yeah its just a default number in beersmith if you dont enter a value, assume 7 days as the rest

I think it's a typo too but from the look of the last sentence the author was making a split batch with 3 different dry hops.

Google translate says it is "This beer should be divided into 3 batches with 3 kinds tørhumle". I'm assuming tørhumle is hops.

I don't think it was their intention that all three hops go in together.

There's an American IRA in the complete and brewed recipe section that has a dry hop at 0 days that I'm a little confused about. Hoping to brew this on Friday and not sure what I'm going to do at the moment.
Any one could help? and sorry to hijack thread.
John

looks like a typo?

Looks like a typo to me too. these are the "flameout" hops and they are the same recipe as the 15 mins hops, which sounds like "an approach" to me.

Latest posts

Back