carbonation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

admiralsnel

Reaction score
Hi all,

So I've had a red ale in primary for 2 weeks secondary for 2 weeks and then primed and bottled 3 days ago. I'm off to a wedding tomorrow, will the beer be carbonated/condotioned or is that too little time?

Hi all,

So I've had a red ale in primary for 2 weeks secondary for 2 weeks and then primed and bottled 3 days ago. I'm off to a wedding tomorrow, will the beer be carbonated/condotioned or is that too little time?

To be honest i would think it will be far to early would expect an ok carb at a week, but best left for at least 2. nothing to stop you trying one but wouldn't expect much from it.

certainly wont be in prime condition after 3 days, would give it 2 weeks carb time and maybe another 2 to condition, then try and see how it is.

It'll be somewhat carbonated will mor than likely be drinkable and taste decent to boot, but it'll be a ways off its best.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I include at least one PET bottle per brew which is my carbonation indicator, some brews have carbed up and the PET bottles have gone hard in a few days, others have taken a week or two, but even the ones that carb up quick are better tasting after a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back