Corny set up with 70/30 mixed gas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budgie

Regular.
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm looking into my first Corny set up as the novelty of bottling is wearing increasingly thin! I picked a keg up a few months back when the HBC were knocking them out for about �£30. I've also been given a full bottle of 70/30 mixed gas by a local workies club (on condition that I return the bottle when empty).

I'm a total noob when it comes to kegging so wanted to double check exactly what I need. As far as I'm aware I'll need the following:

Grey and black disconnects
2x 7/16 - 3/8 adapters
3/8 thread to line adapter
3/8 beer and gas line
Tap
Mixed gas regulator

Is there anything else I'm missing?
Cheers.

I think the 70/30 bottles have a different connector to the co2 bottles. Don't know if that'll have any bearing on what you need, apart from the connector obviously.

Hi!
I was getting too much foam with 3/8 line, so I changed to 3/16 line and got two 3/8 to 3/16 converters, as the disconnects have John Guest 3/8 fittings.
I used an online calculator to set the serving pressure and line length. I am using a party tap at the moment.
It seems to be working well, now.

Hi!
I was getting too much foam with 3/8 line, so I changed to 3/16 line and got two 3/8 to 3/16 converters, as the disconnects have John Guest 3/8 fittings.
I used an online calculator to set the serving pressure and line length. I am using a party tap at the moment.
It seems to be working well, now.

I saw a YouTube vid advising larger ID tubing and wasn't sure why. Thanks for clearing that one up for me. :thumb:
Do you have a link for the calculator you used?

mixed gas has a different fitting to co2
to get the best from nitrogen you need a stout tap but not essential
70/30 mix for stout
I had nitro in keezer just ran out at the moment
you can actually get 5/16 beer line i had to get it for my taps

Back