Hey from Get 'er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and that's why we should support our local HBS!!

aamcle

I don't have one.

There's one in Edinburgh but every time looked into making an online order to collection when I'm through there, I've actually found GEB to be cheaper after postage than the LHBS has been with no collection charge.

I don't have one.

There's one in Edinburgh but every time looked into making an online order to collection when I'm through there, I've actually found GEB to be cheaper after postage than the LHBS has been with no collection charge.

Mine's just closed down, but they were spectacularly unreliable. Oftimes I'd turn up at the shop midweek to find it closed without warning, then I'd go home and buy from their eBay store if that was economical. Shot themselves in the foot because I didn't mind paying over the odds for proper human contact while shopping, now I just go eBay and they have to compete with the whole world on price.

Hi!
Here's my sixpennorth, not by way of complaint, simply an observation.
The Homebrew Company in Co. Laois recently shipped 28kg of grain to me in the UK for £6.95.
I would have thought that 144g would be much cheaper than £6.
However, that's much better than this website, which I decided to pass up.

bill.jpg

Yes I can see that now, maybe that fiver is the best that's available to them. I have no idea where County Antrim is, don't know if the Royal Mail works there or whether there's an equivalent. I'm still surprised that it costs so much to post a small jiffy bag, I'd have thought mail services would be better provided between Ireland and here.

County Antrim is in Northern Ireland (I believe their actual store is near Randalstown) which is part of the UK so Royal Mail definitely works there.

Hi!
Here's my sixpennorth, not by way of complaint, simply an observation.
The Homebrew Company in Co. Laois recently shipped 28kg of grain to me in the UK for £6.95.
I would have thought that 144g would be much cheaper than £6.
However, that's much better than this website, which I decided to pass up.

I'm pretty sure HBC and GEB have the same pricing policy for postage in that the minimum postage cost is about £6 but that is the cost right up to 30kg. Leyland Homebrew have the same policy too and they are based in mainland U.K. Basically the more you buy the cheaper it is.

I'm pretty sure HBC and GEB have the same pricing policy for postage in that the minimum postage cost is about �£6 but that is the cost right up to 30kg. Leyland Homebrew have the same policy too and they are based in mainland U.K. Basically the more you buy the cheaper it is.
Just checked, HBC is cheaper for the basket but more expensive postage, £7, so still uneconomical for small orders.

Yes I can see that now, maybe that fiver is the best that's available to them. I have no idea where County Antrim is, don't know if the Royal Mail works there or whether there's an equivalent. I'm still surprised that it costs so much to post a small jiffy bag, I'd have thought mail services would be better provided between Ireland and here.
The good thing about DPD is that you'll always get a guaranteed time within the hour of delivery.I use them myself and find them very accommodating.🍺

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back