Wine - bottling, oh s%$t!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewStew

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm having thoughts about popping the corks on my wine, sticking it back in a bucket and leaving it for a couple of days after my mum just told me of an experience she had with exploding wine bottles :shock:

when i was racking to bottling bucket on saturday, my hand slipped and just caught the sediment. only a small bit but enough to make the wine in the bottles slightly cloudy. i knew that i caught a little bit but figured it'd be like beer where it wouldn't matter much, and would settle out and clear by itself, so forgot about it. until my mum pointed out what could happen!!!

when i racked there was no bubbles at all for at least a week, i'd added the sachets of stuff as per the instructions and i think one of those packets included a campden tablet type mix.

what do you reckon folks? pop them, let the sediment settle and re bottle? or stick the bottles in the garage instead of over my nice carpet and hope!

Do whatever makes you feel confident ;)

I've done a similar thing and been too lazy to re-bottle.
The bottles were fine, but when pouring, all the sludge gets kicked back up :(
I will re-bottle next time....if it happens again.

i held it up to the light today. the yeast/trub are in big enough lumps to get stopped by a tea strainer :grin: hopefully i can wing it if the corks dont pop! hehe

Latest posts

Back