Bit of odd equipment advice needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just moved, and the taps in my new gaff are in sinks suitable for midgets. There is no way I can fill one of my FV's, or my barrels from these.

However, I remember when I was young, and we were dirt poor, that my Mum managed to wash our clothes with numerous second hand top loading washing machines that were old hat at the time and could be picked up for buttons. They weren't plumbed in so you had this length of hose with a rubber connecting thing at one end that would fit over any tap and fill the washing machine up.

I need one of these. Mum only remembers getting them with the machines, and searching for things like 'rubber hose connecting devices' gives me interesting results :D , and I've tried many variants but can't find what I'm looking for. It's a bit frustrating. because I know I'm going to find that it's available in wilkos or something.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I use they type which clamps on to the tap, and then you push one of those click-fit hose connectors onto the nozzle. I find the rubber type with jubilee clip don't fit on our taps, as much sprays out of the top as goes down the hose. I don't know if you can make out what I'm talking about from this pic:
PB10061904.jpg

Wilko's own brand is significantly cheaper than the Hozelock variety as sold by messrs Block & Quayle.

That's the thing, our kitchen mixer and utility taps all have corners, the screw-down type works for me.

Here's the sort of thing I mean >>click<< but Wilko's own connector in store was probably under £3.

I dont know how much access room you have but maybe a self cutting tap (the type used to supply washing machines) fitted under the sink might do it . Here a link.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13768/Plu ... Tap%2015mm

You dont have to turn the water off with these ,just put it round the inlet pipe tighten the clamp up and it pierces the pipe as it seals itself.(In theory :thumb: )

Latest posts

Back