!st attempt Fail

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffa

Reaction score
OK, so the Woodfords was a disaster, the silly little airlock that came with the youngs kit was useless, the tap on the barrel leaked, and after reading hear realised that I didnt take temperature or SG before adding Yeast...

Soits gone of to the big water treatment plant in the sky!

I have purchased a thermometer (not the rubbish LCD one supplied in the kit) and some Campden powder to treat my water and a tin of Coopers IPA.."nd try lucky

Any tips on the Coopers greatfully recieved

Cheers

Go steady, don't panic, read up here and ask questions if in doubt. But simply........ just read and follow the instructions supplied with the kit. Nothing wrong with Woodfords. :D Or there wasn't in my early days. :?
Never used an air lock on my beer, that is until my last 15 gallon brew went upward as you say, victim of the fruit fly I believe, brew 82 it was :(
Don't worry about campdens at this stage, other basic things are more important ;)
S
Remember "When the going gets tough, the tough get going " :lol:

As springer said there's nought wrong with woodfordes kits i've done loads and not had a problem :thumb:
What happened with the first brew, did it get infected?
I know it's a bit late now but have a read up about setting your keg up properly before your next brew, i had issues with my lid sealing properly at first :oops:
Good luck with the next brew :cheers:

Ditto all the advice above. Regards the campden, I would use it to treat your tap water if it's chlorinated, otherwise you may get a large batch of TCP, and you don't wanna do that :grin:
Alternatively you could use bottled water ;)

Latest posts

Back