a bad days fishing beats a good days work! (photos)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abeyptfc

Landlord.
Reaction score
took the day off work for the first day of the fishing season today, got a few photos

started off here
IMG_0604.jpg

an hour later after some spinning with a mep
IMG_0605.jpg

rainbow trout about 1lb, brown trout not far off 3lb.

back home and going to gut the fish, i stopped at the shops before i got home for some messages and got a few bottles of old peculiar as ive never tried it before, i left the bottles next to the brownie and it suddenly came alive, and tried to open the bottle for a last glug before being emptied of its internals.
IMG_0606.jpg

while chilling the OP's i popped a groslch 750ml popper bottle of my 'way to amarillo' extract brew, lovely stuff
IMG_0610.jpg

Brings back memories. I used to work on a salmon farm on the west coast and we used to spin for trout of the salmon cages in the fresh water sites. The trout were ferox and the record was over 10lb. The owners of the estate/farm could never work out how we caught such large fish as spinning was not allowed :oops: :oops: .

Looks great! Hardly looks like a bad day fishing though. Looks like you did quite well.

Our rainbows out here are jumping like crazy. I'm taking the wife up to see if we can't hit our limit on our anniversary.

artiums_enteri said:
Our rainbows out here are jumping like crazy. I'm taking the wife up to see if we can't hit our limit on our anniversary.

Thats got to be some exotic euphemism. :lol:

Lol you have no idea....

I suppose a little explanation for that is in order. Since late Feb I've been fishing almost every day. My wife and our 2 year old son have gone out about every other time with me, and my wife has yet to catch a fish. She's convinced she's just not a good fisherman. I've tried explaining to her that she's done this a total of five times, and learning to use lures is pretty tricky. She just hasn't learned yet to recognize a bite and set the hook. I promised her I would take her to the stocked lake for our anniversary. They stock the lake the first week of April with rainbows. It's a good place to use salmon eggs and just bait fish. That's where a lot of children learn to fish. I guaranteed her fish.

Glad to see other people are into fishing on the board.

Been fishing most of my life as my dad has always had a boat on the Norfolk boards so we used to spend most of our weekends away up there and weeks away in the school holidays.

I’m out fishing for carp most weekends now, Friday after work till Sunday (I have a very understanding girlfriend) rain or shine but still get out and have a dabble for other species when I can, like to go fly fishing and also a spot of pike fishing is a good way to spend a weekend in the winter.

Was spose to be out this weekend but been laid up in bed with a bad back since Thursday. Did seem odd phoning into work actually being sick for once and not doing a sicky as wanting to do any extra night down the lake :)

Not sure if the links will work but will give it a shot, few that i had at the end of the year from a dream October landing 9 30lb+ Carp and 7 over 20lb in 4 weekends / 8 nights. (No sickys pulled :) )

31lbCommon21.jpg

31lbCommon22.jpg

343-GoldenGates2.jpg

37lb-GoldenGates1.jpg

30-GoldenGates1.jpg

Latest posts

Back