Another Hello From South Wales.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRXnMe

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm Ian, the username is one I've been using for many years, mostly on motorcycle forums.

I've just started my first brew, it appears to be bubbling away nicely. The brew is Coopers Bitter jobby, from what I've readit should be nice and easy to get beer from it :D

Hi from Llangynidr,

good to see more brewing in South Wales

Boatman

ps good to see the newport video again, I thought Utube had removed it.

TRXnMe said:
I'm in Newport.

Any decent home brew shops near me? The nearest I've found is Cardiff :)
I'm also in Newport. The only home brew shop that I know of is in Cardiff. Good little shop, but I've been mostly ordering from the Malt Miller recently.

I'll have a nose around Blackwood on the weekend, thanks :)

I'm all for the internet as a market place, but like my satisfaction to be a bit more instantaneous some times, so a decent shop with what I want is nice :D

I know that feeling, I had the house to my self today (day off work) so I thought I would get a brew on, it was this point that I realised that I needed a FV as mine is full of ribena wine that is still fermenting, my local brew shop was closed as they are not open on a Wednesday, I went to the Cardiff shop and they were closed, I had forgotten that they had a car hit the shop a while back and as such they were closed today, I ended up in Tesco at culver where I managed to get one in the end, it really is nice to to be able to go out and come home with something for the brew :D - let me know if that shop is any good :)

BrotherMalice said:
I know that feeling, I had the house to my self today (day off work) so I thought I would get a brew on, it was this point that I realised that I needed a FV as mine is full of ribena wine that is still fermenting, my local brew shop was closed as they are not open on a Wednesday, I went to the Cardiff shop and they were closed, I had forgotten that they had a car hit the shop a while back and as such they were closed today, I ended up in Tesco at culver where I managed to get one in the end, it really is nice to to be able to go out and come home with something for the brew :D - let me know if that shop is any good :)

If you are really stuck wilkinsons on countisbury avenue have a small selection of kit.

Picket up a youngs fv for £13 in our branch this week. Just for info they had several kits. Selection of tins. Brushes , siphons corks and that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Back