The start of my brew shed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve1973

Reaction score
hi all not much to show but hope to be posting a few pics.
At the mo just a shed but going to insulate it.
Get electric into the shed and all being good will able to take the brewing stuff out of the kitchen and into the shed.
so any ideas greatly welcome as long as there are cheap lol :grin:
2012-05-01122939.jpg

This is going to be where the magic happens
2012-05-01122958.jpg

where the plugs are going to be.
2012-05-01123021.jpg

thinking of a wine rack here

if at all possible i would look out at your local B&Q "Other DIY shops are available " or tile ware house and see if you can get some cheep end of line tiles for the walls and the floor easy to clean and sanitize if your brewing. is there water into the shed ? if so i would get a water heater http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/251029554414?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla and as for heating you cant beat these http://www.gil-lec.co.uk/products/Heating/Tube+Heaters/2+Foot+Tube+Heater+-+120W+Eterna/3847356056 they cost about 30 pence per day if on constant use i just installed a cheep thermostat with mine. I am in the middle of planning a home butchery unit on the farm but i have to do that with "Elf & safety" in mind as it will be a workplace

all the best ash

Low Farm said:

I have those at work and they are Carp you get a trickle of water out of them it is quicker for me to boil up a kettle to use for washing up than running the tap, it takes about 5 minutes to fill a bowl of semi hot water.

Those heaters are good for brew cupboards though. :thumb:

graysalchemy said:
Low Farm said:

I have those at work and they are Carp :hmm: you get a trickle of water out of them it is quicker for me to boil up a kettle to use for washing up than running the tap, it takes about 5 minutes to fill a bowl of semi hot water.

Those heaters are good for brew cupboards though. :thumb:

I would suggest you get the water heater serviced as if uyou getting fish out of it the may be bunging up the water supply I have just install 2 and the have a good flow rate but that is down to the water pressure on the cold main but they can produce several pints of hot water after all they are only the 3KW type that is about the biggest you will get on a 30amp ring main on the domestic supply but if you want a higher flow rate it may be an idea to get a an old 7 or 8KW shower of eBay but you would have to run 10mm direct from the fuse box via a 45amp single pole isolator switch.

Back