Big Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronfieldbrewer

Landlord.
Reaction score
After last weekends wedding (mine)!! the stash of beer took one hell of a beating, so today I am brewing Dronfield Redneck (30 litres)

Monday sees me brewing for a party on 14th July 40 litres...

Anyhow here we go

35 litres

7kg of Pale malt
300gms of Torrified
60gms of crystal malt
250 gms of flaked maize (crushed cheapo cornflakes)
250 gms wheat...(8 crushed shredded wheat), on offer at Azda.

Hops

30gms Northern Brewer full 75 min boil
30 gms of cascade for last 30 mins
50gms of cascade for the last 10 mins.

Yeast...good old WLP002 salvaged from last brews slurry, split into 3 for the really big brew monday..

forgot to put the hop filter on Again

Mlondays brew is a traditional Dronfield Best Bitter, moving away from the roast malt in it this time back to amber malt and a bit of black.

dennisking said:
Belated congrats on your wedding. :thumb:

Cheers Dennis, we have been engaged for 12 years so it was about time. It was the best kept secret of all, told immediate family afterwards! "If its not one thing, its your mother" to quote Peter Kaye sums my mum up to a tee.

We had a reception whilst camping in Bakewell with 24 other families, none of which knew owt about the wedding, turned into a good old liver basher!!

yeah congrats on making it mate , (the wedding not the beer although well done on that too lol ) :clap: :clap:

12 years???....You don't think your rushing into things do you?? bit late now, but I think you should have thought about it a little longer....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well done that man....congrats. :clap:

O by the way...well done on your brews.. :thumb: :lol:

ps...I may follow in your footsteps soon... :hmm:

Dieseljockey said:
12 years???....You don't think your rushing into things do you?? bit late now, but I think you should have thought about it a little longer....
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Well done that man....congrats. :clap:

O by the way...well done on your brews.. :thumb: :lol:

ps...I may follow in your footsteps soon... :hmm:

As in getting hitched or getting the recipie for Dronfield Redneck??

Latest posts

Back