Ayup mi Ducks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmcc

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I'm Greg, complete newbie to home brewing, looking for the support and answers to inevitably silly questions I may have, so please be patient!

Thank you all in advance

Cheers to you all

Greg

Me Duck is used in more places than you think. It's common in Northants. When I studied in stoke my fellow students thought that it was hilarious people said 'alright me duck' but it sounded normal to me. Ayup isnt used much in Northampton but here in Rowell people say it all the time. So...where are you from gregmcc 'mi duck?'

rich27500 said:
Ayup isnt used much in Northampton but here in Rowell people say it all the time.
Ayup is used in the Black Country too, but "mi' duck" would probably only be used by females, I'd be more inclined to say "Ayup our kid, 'ow'm yer doin'?"

So whatever dialect you want to use, ayup Greg, welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Thanks for all your welcome messages, and just to confuse you all, I'm really from the Scottish Highlands! But in Derby now due to work, just starting out in home brewing really, figured there's got to be more fun in making it than buying it from Asda :)

Latest posts

Back